Working Out is HARD.
Just getting there. Ya know? I'll go for two weeks and it is great - I'm there 4+ times over the week. Some weeks I do a handful of my shorter days with a quick run/cardio/whatever for 30 mintues plus stretching, other days (usually the weekend day(s) plus one other in the week) I'll do my cardio plus an hourish of weights.
I'd love to do three cardio/weights sessions a week and two cardio-only for a total of five each week - but I'm okay with the fact that doesn't happen all the time. Getting a minimum of three a week is okay by me.
So then last week comes along. Stupid power out means two nights were taken up with moving food to fridges that work and then back again. Wed I was just so glad to get home (finally!). Thurs and Fri were TOO DAMNED COLD. Yesterday we did all our errands and were already out and about for four hours. So I went today and ran two miles (GO TEAM ME!) and did my basic weights (about 45min) so with warm up and cool down and stretching I was there for about 1.5hrs.
I guess one way to look at it is 1.5 could also be three 'normal' workouts for most people. But, I really wish I could make it to the gym more consistently when things go wonky.
Or, I don't know, less wonky times. Yeah. That works too.
:)
I'd love to do three cardio/weights sessions a week and two cardio-only for a total of five each week - but I'm okay with the fact that doesn't happen all the time. Getting a minimum of three a week is okay by me.
So then last week comes along. Stupid power out means two nights were taken up with moving food to fridges that work and then back again. Wed I was just so glad to get home (finally!). Thurs and Fri were TOO DAMNED COLD. Yesterday we did all our errands and were already out and about for four hours. So I went today and ran two miles (GO TEAM ME!) and did my basic weights (about 45min) so with warm up and cool down and stretching I was there for about 1.5hrs.
I guess one way to look at it is 1.5 could also be three 'normal' workouts for most people. But, I really wish I could make it to the gym more consistently when things go wonky.
Or, I don't know, less wonky times. Yeah. That works too.
:)


2 Comments:
I figure with all the stress workouts with the cold and the power and all that SHIT!.... you earned some workout points.
Just sayin'.
You can always do yoga with us Bears when it's too cold to go out.
*much striking of yoga poses of Bears*
OK Bye
Stompy
Post a Comment
<< Home