Yeah, Could Someone Get the LIGHTS!?
Sunday at about 2pm the massive windstorm took out our lights along with thousands of others in northern BC. Oh, but not the people across the street from us...
Leone and I toughed it out and then went for dinner at Boston Pizza. We got home and toughed it out but decided we'd bunk together for warmth. Furnace is off too. Mom gave us the wake-up call this morning and we made it to work/school.
But now we're at evening #2 and we can't take the cold or the dark. So we're at a friend's for the (tv) evening. I'm seriously bummed. Between work sucking lately and now this, I'm not doing well. I'm bummed and down and feeling horridly low. I had a workshop today which was cool, but it means I've not been online all day. So *wave* to all, and I hope to catch up on emails and the like tomorrow at lunch.
I'm sure I'll be better soon.
Xoxo.
Leone and I toughed it out and then went for dinner at Boston Pizza. We got home and toughed it out but decided we'd bunk together for warmth. Furnace is off too. Mom gave us the wake-up call this morning and we made it to work/school.
But now we're at evening #2 and we can't take the cold or the dark. So we're at a friend's for the (tv) evening. I'm seriously bummed. Between work sucking lately and now this, I'm not doing well. I'm bummed and down and feeling horridly low. I had a workshop today which was cool, but it means I've not been online all day. So *wave* to all, and I hope to catch up on emails and the like tomorrow at lunch.
I'm sure I'll be better soon.
Xoxo.


8 Comments:
Yikes! I hope you get power back soon, and I also hope you appreciate how well I squashed all the Canadia jokes that rose to my mind upon reading this ;).
Urgghh, how crappy. While I'm no stranger to powercuts (at least not when I was growing up - now I get completely lost when I have a powercut), they never lasted for more than 24 hours. I hope you get power back soon.
Good grief! That sucks horribly. Are they giving you any idea when things will be back to normal? I'm reminded of that Dar Williams song.
Hope work goes better today and that you're warm and toasty and livin' in the light before you know it.
As I was reading this, the wind starts blowing like mad and the lights flickered. I may be in the same boat soon. I hope they fix everything for you very very soon!
Aw, crap. I was hoping that this whole stupid weather this was going to miss you. *snuggles for warmth*
Is there some way we could blame this on Stephen Harper and George Bush? *hugs*
That stinks. Hugs and snuggles to you!
Quite worthwhile piece of writing, thanks for the article.
here | here | site
Post a Comment
<< Home