Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hobbies

So I'm thinking my evenings need a hobby. I considered getting a baby but it has been pointed out that hobby lasts quite long and I can't store it in the rubbermaid bin in the back room when I'm bored of it (like my cross-stitch).

So what is a good new wife(TM) hobby? When Jim isn't here I'll sometimes work out in the evenings. But I want something that I can do at home when he's here. Kinda still being together, but hanging out and doing our own things.

I was thinking of some sort of crafty thing. What's big these days? Cross-stitch isn't doing it for me right now. Too much time to complete.

And I don't want huge start-up costs.

It seems I was a single girl for ages and ages. And then when we were dating I was doing grad school so my evenings were pretty much writing, tv, or nookie (another good hobby). But now at a loss with trying to find something to do together, and also at a loss being done grad school.

Suggestions?

8 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

i vote for quilting!

3:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a baby is a great idea, but I must warn you that you should only get one if you are OK with not having time for any other hobbies. Or responsibilities. Or any other ANYTHING.

12:48 p.m.  
Blogger Vicki said...

Crochet! All you need is a hook and some yarn. I found it easy to pick up, and you can work up pieces fairly quickly once you get going

2:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for crosswords or maybe logic puzzles. I do at least one every night, and it really helps me unwind.

4:45 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Knitting. If you like it, I've got some extra supplies.

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Get Leone to teach you how to knit.
Good for New Wife (TM) since you can knit socks and he'll be yours forever (not that he isn't already).
Low start up costs (you can borrow needles from your sister until you figure out if you like it).
Faster than cross-stitch (my poor projects have been more or less abandoned since I learned to knit).
Good for doing with other people around. I carry my knitting on the bus and to friend's houses, and upstairs to the computer room so that I can hang out with Fred and watch Buffy while he plays on the 'puter.

10:38 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Also, your knitting costs would be low if you also wanted to learn to spin, what with the (eventual) live-in sheep suit. *wink*

10:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Rayner said...

The writer is totally fair, and there's no doubt.
site | here | here

4:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home