Monday, July 17, 2006

Been Busy!

Contract at work has been extended for another month. That means two more paycheques! Which I have pretty much spent this weekend as Jim and I picked out a full bedroom suite.

Like adults have.

For real!

Six drawer dresser, big dresser thing with mirror, bedside table, and sleigh bed. All done up in a beautiful wood with these little metal leaf details. It all will be delivered on Friday!!

The same day our new sofa and loveseat will be delivered.

Oh yes.

We also really like the chair (I LOVE the whole chair/ottoman combo) but I have to say: tough call. Tough to get a chair and ottoman that pretty much costs the same as a whole couch. Wassup with that? I think chairs should cost $200. Ottomans (ottomen?) should be $49.99 plus tax.

They're not.

At least not the ones I want.


And then we looked at dinning room tables. Found one that was the exact size we wanted. Found another that was the exact style we wanted. So, we will keep looking.

Pictures will be posted when all is said and done!

11 Comments:

Blogger Melly said...

Yay, that all sounds so fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.

7:01 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Oooh! Nest building! I love it.

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

It all sounds lovely. I think that is my definition of being grown up too. Getting a bedroom that actually matches and isn't full of random bits of crap that you don't have space to store anywhere else.

I'm not quite there yet.

1:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growed up stuff!

Most of our furniture has been collected over (poor) time, so is either inherited/passed down or from Ikea. We did do a little furniture shopping when we moved to our house though. Fun! Expensive! Might I recommend Home Sense for smaller unmatched items? (chairs etc). Pretty reasonable.

Oddly, we now have a real bed in the guest room with mattress, boxspring and everything. And we continue to sleep on a futon on te floor. It's just so damn comfy. And we're used to it.

4:58 a.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

New furniture-buying is so exciting, especially the bit where it all matches!

6:35 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am so jealous! I will live vicariously through pictures.

7:03 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

I totally agree that the plural of ottoman should be ottomen. Yes! It makes so much linguistic sense.

I look forward to pictures!

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

Whee! It really is a good feeling to get "grown-up" furniture. I still remember the joy of graduating to real (ok, IKEA, but still) bookshelves from milk crates. Our bedroom "suite" is still painfully not grown-up. We have a box-spring and mattress...that sit directly on the floor.

10:23 a.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

Squee! New furnature!

9:28 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Yay! That is so grown-up!

7:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Caleb said...

Gosh, there is so much effective material here!
butternut squash soup | leaking | cell phone plans

7:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home