Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Interesting Day

I went to a talk at the uni today (switched my lunch hour) from a woman who is applying to become faculty in the nursing program, and it really got me thinking. It was very much in the same area of my thesis research - although centred around nursing and education. But all in all, lots of talk about the impact of narratives and identity. I miss this. I miss the interaction. I knew some of the people there, I asked some questions, they were good questions, I talked with people, they asked me about my research for my thesis. My brain was tingling.

I need to figure out what job I could have where I would research and write and talk and be smart.

I don't feel smart these days. Which is okay. These days is more about paying some bills and getting some money in the bank. I'm doing that. But I think it will be okay when this job ends in five weeks.

I don't know if I want to get my PhD right now - just the money and the loss of work time. But I need to figure out what I could do that would still challenge me and let me have ideas and interactions and research and use all these skills I've worked so hard to create.


Or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home