Thursday, May 18, 2006

Is'n'it Ironic?

I'm teaching a class about current popular culture. We discuss all the shows, movies, ads, magazines, radio, internet, etc...

The one thing I've lost since starting this crazy schedule with the work during the day, class two full nights a week, prep and marking other nights? Yes, that's right. Gone is all my time to watch tv, movies, read, surf blogs, etc...


But I think it is okay. Many students still comment on a regular basis that I know more about TV and stars and the internet than anyone they've met. They continally comment about me knowing all these shows they've never heard of before. They say it in awe. They like how I can tie it in with random tidbits of feminist theory. I have finally found that space where my love of trivia over Paris and American Idol and my insane catalog of facts about Buffy is held in high regard.

Come, let us build a lifetime in this space. Where I and my trivia can be rich.







In other news - Hugs to my bettie who is having her baby. Much love, m'dear!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

That is supercool! Long may you be appreciated.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Ooo! I like this lifetime. Can I have one, too?

2:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home