Frazzled
Who ever decided to put a freaken lame-ass BLIZZARD 20min into our drive down to the parents' place and make a 50min section of highway take us close to two hours with me losing control of the car no less than three times on about 6-8inches of unplowed snow with pretty-much white-out conditions and me making the final bit with my hazzards on and in second gear... can bite my ass.
Funny enough, from there on the rest of the drive was fine (all 6hrs of it) with some snow and hail for a bit but clear-enough roads and then sun and wind for the last bit. But nothing in comparison to that first leg of the journey that had me telling poor sister than I wouldn't be able to continue on in that storm and we'd have to get a hotel in NOWHERELAND. So much less fun than mom and dad's house. With the veggie lasagna in the oven as I type.
And yes, there are flowers blooming and green grass here. Almost like my time from 7:20-9am this morning never happened.
*sigh*
xoxo
jenn
Funny enough, from there on the rest of the drive was fine (all 6hrs of it) with some snow and hail for a bit but clear-enough roads and then sun and wind for the last bit. But nothing in comparison to that first leg of the journey that had me telling poor sister than I wouldn't be able to continue on in that storm and we'd have to get a hotel in NOWHERELAND. So much less fun than mom and dad's house. With the veggie lasagna in the oven as I type.
And yes, there are flowers blooming and green grass here. Almost like my time from 7:20-9am this morning never happened.
*sigh*
xoxo
jenn


7 Comments:
What Jill said.
Whew.
Gotta love the BC weather. This morning I left the house in a light jacket and t-shirt and was fine. On the way home I thought my nipples would cut through that jacket. I contemplated buying a parka but resisted.
Wouldn't it be nice if Spring proper would just get here already? Quit with the hovering around the 12C mark, sometime sunny sometimes cloudy, just start getting warmer!
Glad you got there safe, and mmmmmmmmm veggie lasagna...
What a terrible journey! I am so glad you made it safely. I would have collapsed on the side of the road in a quivering mass of terror, so it's good I wasn't driving.
The last few days here have been beautiful and I keep wanting to plant stuff, but I am worried about that last gasp of winter.
Stoopid winter.
Sounds like your weather is almost as exciting as mine. At least I got to weather it out at home.
(Sorry about the pun.)
Thanks everyone. And I like puns, for the record.
:)
I hope you had a good visit and that your trip home was (will be?) far less eventful! Glad you're ok.
Post a Comment
<< Home