Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

It has been a very nice birthday week! Jim and Leone gave me the dinner. Mom and dad sent me an amazon gift certificate with which I am thinking of getting Serenity plus other stuff. I got many emails from parents and Mellys (Mellies?). The one from my mom made me get all teary. Very sweet! I took an extra 30min on lunch and met Jim at Earls for birthday pizza goodness. My office wrote my birthday on the board so everyone gave me well wishes (and one lady got me a card). And Nerdgirl started a birthday post on the WD and I got many hugs there!

Whoo!

Downside - working until 9pm as I teach tonight (and started at 8am as the office is on summer hours 8-4 so this feels very late).

Other downside - apparently the airconditioner thingy at the uni is busted. It got up to 30 in the office today. I am now stinky and glowing in the other office. I may teach outside tonight.

*pant*

They say it should be repaired by mid-june. I KID YOU NOT.


Okay, I'm off to get some outside before class.

xoxo
jenn

5 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

MID-JUNE? Oh god. You'd better come to my house, we have AC.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

Yay for birthdays! Boo for broken AC!

9:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! Birthdays are IMPORTANT.

Air conditioners at work are also important. Big thumbs up to having the class outside. You can use it as a basis of discussion about the importance of context. Or something.

I also liked how you used the term "glowing'. So very ladylike!

9:44 a.m.  
Blogger Jim said...

Stoopid no AC. Who ever thought Northern Canadia would be so hot?

Well, probably people who actually know the area. But it sure doens't fit with our easy American stereotypes.

Jim

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

Happy belated birthday, Jenn!

May babies are the best ;]

8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home