Spring Cleaning
Of me! Me insides!
I'm doing a cleanse due to a health problem I've now had for a few years that has no real treatment offered when you chat with the doctor. "So sorry - just treat the symptoms okay?" No, not okay.
So starting yesterday every morning and night I drink this mixture of psyllium, bentonite, and caprulic acid in grapefruit juice. I've also added probiotics to my meals. I am not eating sugar. No dried fruit. I drink 3L of water a day. Drink green tea. No booze. No processed foods. No mushrooms. No bread (yeast). Etc.. Actually, I haven't eaten bread in quite a while now. That and milk. I think I might be dabbling in a lactose intolerance so there went the milk, and I have tried to cut all yeast out of my diet as of January so there goes most breads. At least the ones I can afford.
Oh yeah, and the cleanse makes a suggestion about cutting out coffee - but I have chosen to do a little hand waving at that one. Yeah yeah, I have one cup of coffee a day. The world is a better place if I have my coffee each morning.
So there are still tonnes of stuff I have: chicken, fish, tofu, veggies (limit the higher sugar vegs) up to two fruit a day, limited whole wheat pasta or brown rice, sprouted yeast-free wraps, bit of cheese, yogurt, sugar free cereal, oatmeal, and so on.
I'm on day two. Based on my reading, I might get to be a bit grumpy early on this week. I figure it might balance out with my excitement over heading off to NYC a week tuesday. Which, you know, YAY!!
I'm doing a cleanse due to a health problem I've now had for a few years that has no real treatment offered when you chat with the doctor. "So sorry - just treat the symptoms okay?" No, not okay.
So starting yesterday every morning and night I drink this mixture of psyllium, bentonite, and caprulic acid in grapefruit juice. I've also added probiotics to my meals. I am not eating sugar. No dried fruit. I drink 3L of water a day. Drink green tea. No booze. No processed foods. No mushrooms. No bread (yeast). Etc.. Actually, I haven't eaten bread in quite a while now. That and milk. I think I might be dabbling in a lactose intolerance so there went the milk, and I have tried to cut all yeast out of my diet as of January so there goes most breads. At least the ones I can afford.
Oh yeah, and the cleanse makes a suggestion about cutting out coffee - but I have chosen to do a little hand waving at that one. Yeah yeah, I have one cup of coffee a day. The world is a better place if I have my coffee each morning.
So there are still tonnes of stuff I have: chicken, fish, tofu, veggies (limit the higher sugar vegs) up to two fruit a day, limited whole wheat pasta or brown rice, sprouted yeast-free wraps, bit of cheese, yogurt, sugar free cereal, oatmeal, and so on.
I'm on day two. Based on my reading, I might get to be a bit grumpy early on this week. I figure it might balance out with my excitement over heading off to NYC a week tuesday. Which, you know, YAY!!


9 Comments:
Yeah, the first 3 or 4 days make you feel kinda icky... but after that you'll feel like you're walking on air.
And, I'm with you on the coffee thing ;] Shit, I'm preggo and I still have one cup a day!
Also, probiotics are great.
Good for you! Grant and I just got off a month of no alcohol, which is our version of cleansing after the excesses of the holidays.
Good thing all that sashimi is waiting for you in NYC! ;-)
sounds like you're getting serious about whatever it is. How long does this cleanse last? I'm trying to give up yeasted breads to see if it helps my digestion. Currently I'm scarfing back a piece of pizza, so I guess I'll have to try harder. The doctors have been pretty useless for me, too. I can't believe I waited months to see a gastroenterologist (sp?) just to have him tell me that I might want to try digestive enzymes. Wow, digestive enzymes you say!? Never thought of that one on my own MONTHS ago. Here's hoping that when I get extended medical coverage it'll partly cover visits to a naturopath.
No dried fruit? Oh for shame.
I'm currently counting on doing ten days (which takes me to my trip), but I might try and carry on with at least aspects of it while I'm in NYC. In so many ways, it isn't all that different from how I eat...
Okay, yeah there are some big difference. The limiting of fruit and having none of the high sugar foods at all... (yes like dried fruit) is different. But I've made so many other changes to my diet already with the bread and the milk.
And Meghan, I'm with you. I don't doubt that I'll still drink coffee when preggers. Not a pot a day, but my standard one a day.
When I read this title, I was convinced you were going for a colonic. Oops!
Anyway, hope the new diet goes well.
I need to do spring cleaning too! But, um, of my house. It is gross.
(well, okay, I didn't actually read any studies, I saw it on Oprah...)
Hee. Good enough for us!!
Yeah, I stayed with the coffee too. Good luck with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home