Shag
I have just found out my co-worker is throwing me a Shower. So she was asking me about this and that.. and then she mentioned we could go out dancing afterwards - so that is like a Stag as well.
We've decided to call it my Shag party.
Hee!
(Funny, Jim didn't get the same giggle out of that as I did...)
We've decided to call it my Shag party.
Hee!
(Funny, Jim didn't get the same giggle out of that as I did...)


4 Comments:
Hee!
I can appreciate your delight at it. But unfortunately, we Americans don't have the same meaning for the word. You're just going to have to Canadianize Jim a lot.
I'm just relieved you know that Shag isn't just that dance as displayed in a certain film starring Phoebe Cates. I have heard of one unfortunate American lady visiting the UK who announced to her dining partners during a discussion on dancing that she just loved to shag. Much hilarity...
Wedding showers sound very sedate compared to the UK equivalent of the bride's pre-wedding party, the Hen Party. Yours sounds much more like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home