Today Did Not Mean What I Thought It Would Mean
I thought today would mean the following:
But today actually meant:
Not that today meant a bad thing - it was just not what I thought it would mean.
- Tidy
- Take Leone to work
- Get groceries from Costco
- Get a coffee and work on my course syllabus for the spring
- Finish up a bit more housework
- Work out
- Pick up Leone from work
But today actually meant:
- *strange no-man's-land of the morning* I have no idea what I did before 12:30...
- Take Leone to work
- Try and find a pair of pants for work and have a whole *thing* about my job (not a real job), my work clothes (not professional enough for what I want to do, but no money with the semi-job to upgrade all that much), and my ass (rather bootylicious right now, I love it.. but I don't know that I'm ready for all that jelly).
- Actually do find some work pants and then have all these issues because I have a smaller pair I've never worn so have some guilt
- Costco
- Forget car keys in store
- Finally get home and have only 30min before tutoring...
- Tutor because I can't say no when getting a phone call at 11:30am to tutor on my day off - but I used today's $ to buy the pants plus a BEAUTIFUL blue retro sweater and a new pair of fluffy pjs.
Not that today meant a bad thing - it was just not what I thought it would mean.


4 Comments:
quick! you left leone at work!
Ahhh! you made me snort! Hee!
Yes, picking Leone up was actually easier as I tutor at the mall where she works.
*nod*
*hugs julia*
Appropriate work clothes was a huge issue for me when I started.
Now I go to Winners. Specifically, the bargain rack at Winners. Mostly, there's only crap, but sometimes there's something really really good and cheap like dirt (actually, if you've ever gone to a garden centre, dirt's not all the cheap). Yep.
I kinda hate days where I'm just not sure what I did at the end.
I know what you mean about the work clothes. Mostly, I'm lacking tops to wear to work, and end up with fitted t-shirt tops, and the same old thick cardigan/fleeces.
When the temp rises above 5C outside first thing in the morning/evening, I'll start wearing my skirts!
Post a Comment
<< Home