Monday, February 06, 2006

Dammit! Dammit on a Wheat Thin!

(That second part of the title was added because I'm hungry too.)


I wanted to check out the hair bobbles. So I went to the Store. The WEDDING store. And I don't know what happened (yes I do), but I ended up trying on dresses.




DAMMIT!



I found two. They are this raw silk, simple, couture dresses. Yes. The one is $70 less than the other. It is only $1625.... I lurve them. I lurve them with a pretty pretty princess that lives deep inside me.


So if anyone has access to a Paloma Blanca 3590 or 3592 in a size 16....
(Diva collection - first and third one. The pics are good, but in person they are so much better...)


Or I could do some alterations on a Paloma Blanca 3560, 3558, 3650 size 14...

I'M DEAD SERIOUS.


Aarrrrggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

I wish everyone's Pretty Pretty Princess could be as lucky as mine. I found my dress at Nicole Miller for $255.

6:17 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

The title of this entry made me laugh so hard I shot milk out my nose.

12:58 a.m.  
Blogger Jay said...

Oh, I just love dress shopping.

4:15 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

The **s mean there had been an update or a comment in the last 6hrs. Doesn't work for all sites, but is a nice little ding ding when there is something new to see.


And yes, I do believe I can find a dress in the non-insane range. But those dresses were AMAZING! And I looked killer.

9:04 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Dear Freya.

Yes, yes I do already have a dress I bought to get married in...

And it is wonderful. And I will probably go with it. But, I don't know what has happened - I just think I might want a wedding dress. It makes me feel confused inside - the dress vs wedding dress. Things go through my head like "but will anyone know I'm a bride" in my other dress?

Crazy? Yes.

Typical. Also yes.

10:02 a.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Do you know/could find any dressmakers? Does your Uni have a textiles/fashion department even?

My friend/ex housemate and landlady Vicky knew a lady who would make her dresses and corset tops/skirts. They were like organza or brushed silk I think, and would be exactly the colour Vicky wanted, perfectly fitted... she did them for Vicky's friend's wedding too- wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses. And I think Vicky paid about maybe £70 for the skirt and £40 for the top.

They looked just like the Debut range of ball dresses or tops/skirts in Debenhams, which I've bought myself.

Show pictures, I'm sure they could do you a damn close copy. If you knew a textiles/fashion student, they might do it really cheap if they could use it for their projects/portfolio.

Throwing ideas out here because everyone should get their perfect dress.

Oh, found examples of the kind of thing Vicky got from her dressmaker- I saw her in a few of them (her boyfriend was in the Army, she had a lot of dos to go to), and I swear, you couldn't tell the difference between those and say any of these:

Bustier

Skirt

1:01 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

I just love 3592. Love it, love it, love it!! And I totally understand about having a wedding dress. I would give you mine, but it is a bit more dress than you probably want. The early 90s were a bit poofy.

Try the dressmaker route. I had my gown made for $1000 and there was lots more fabric and work involved than either of yours. Plus the fabric itself was mega mega expensive!

Or I can call the local stores here and find out if they want to give you a special deal. Use my powerful influence and all that!

Good luck.

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Sweetie, everyone will know you're a bride by the radiance that shimmers from you.

My sole suggestion. Take the pix of the ones you love and go to a department store and see if they have anything close.

Friendly reminder, you're getting married in a tropical zone. A heavy silk princess dress is gonna be fucking uncomfortable.

7:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home