Twas the Night Before Christmas...
.... yeah yeah, we're working on it!
The final two arriving are running a little late so mom and Leone are at the airport hoping the 11:10pm estimation is correct. Julia and Jason should be in by then and the whole crew will be back at home before midnight. Very exciting, though; this is the first we'll all see Julia since she arrived back after a year in the Sudan for Drs Without Borders. She got back in Canada on Dec 21st. She and Jason are getting married on the 31st. This should be a whirlwind! But hopefully we'll get to sleep sometime tonight.
We'd better hurry or Santa will pass us up as we won't all be asleep.
And given that Julia and I tend to wake up at 5am Christmas morning, we really do need to get to sleep asap.
Leone, Jim and I played a new game tonight. Very cool. Called Dutch somethingorother. Card game closely related to Spite and Malice. Although this new one can simply be called "kick jenn's ass". Really. But is a good game nonetheless.
Wishing you all a very wonderful Christmas. All the best to you all and your families (however you define family this time of the year)!
xoxo
jenn
The final two arriving are running a little late so mom and Leone are at the airport hoping the 11:10pm estimation is correct. Julia and Jason should be in by then and the whole crew will be back at home before midnight. Very exciting, though; this is the first we'll all see Julia since she arrived back after a year in the Sudan for Drs Without Borders. She got back in Canada on Dec 21st. She and Jason are getting married on the 31st. This should be a whirlwind! But hopefully we'll get to sleep sometime tonight.
We'd better hurry or Santa will pass us up as we won't all be asleep.
And given that Julia and I tend to wake up at 5am Christmas morning, we really do need to get to sleep asap.
Leone, Jim and I played a new game tonight. Very cool. Called Dutch somethingorother. Card game closely related to Spite and Malice. Although this new one can simply be called "kick jenn's ass". Really. But is a good game nonetheless.
Wishing you all a very wonderful Christmas. All the best to you all and your families (however you define family this time of the year)!
xoxo
jenn


4 Comments:
I got taugt Spite or Malice by an English/Swedish friend, on our year abroad in Italy - I played against her and a Romanian boy, and when she dropped out, I beat that boy at the game, good and proper, if I remember!
Glad Julia is back OK, and congratulations on the upcoming wedding! You guys really do do things quickly in your family, don't you? ;-)
Happy Christmas to you all!
Helen
Ahhh, Spite and Malice; the perfect family game for the holidays! We used to hold marathons on Christmas day, along with the special Trivial Pursuit featuring all 6 of the different editions we had in the house. The killer was the Canadian version that I had accidently acquired, which featured questions about Prime Ministers and hockey.
Hey! I could totally kick everyone's ass on that edition now! Well, except for the actual Canadians...
Merry Christmas to your whole clan.
Merry Christmas to you!!!
The chap is absolutely just, and there is no question.
limosine service | dermatologist in dallas | cpa review course comparison
Post a Comment
<< Home