Saturday, December 23, 2006

Shoveling the Turkey and Stuffing the Snow

Well, we're getting ready to head out pretty quick here. It is quite exciting to think of Jim's first Christmas with us all... I feel I should be warning him more, though.

He's spent all his life with a mom, dad, and him for Christmas. How do you prepare someone for mom, dad, sisters, wife, brother-in-law, grandma, grandpa, and uncle. Not to mention my uncle is mentally handicapped so he's been known to open other people's presents or immediately grab your present and yell "ohhh, this is NICE! Jenny, can I have it? Pleaaaase?" and then takes off with it - hooting and yelling excitedly.

There will be puzzles and crafts and booze and movies (home for the holidays) and games and more food than legally allowed and probably some gingerbread mishaps.

Although things have gone more smoothly since mom started buying us each our own gingerbread kit. Ever since the issues of Leone's vision of winter wonderland not meshing with Julia's side of Santa's Sweatshop Compound - He Knows When You've Been Bad or Good.

The Gummybear "eleves" who tried to escape served as a warning to the rest of them.

So yeah, separate kits.

And Jim has never had a butter tart. Mom makes many many butter tarts.

Mmmmmmmm.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope there are pictures of the gingerbread disaster. It sounds marvelous.

Merry, Merry! I love you guys!

5:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Jim has quite the education coming up!

Happy Christmas to all of you [hug]

Helen

1:27 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Like Annika, I likes the sound of gingerbread mishaps. Have a good time, the lot of you!

4:52 a.m.  
Blogger allison said...

I would pay good money to see some of those gingerbread houses! And butter tarts, mmmmmmmmmm.

Merry Christmas to both of you and all of your loved ones! [hugs]

8:26 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

those damn eleves had it coming

9:03 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait....what???... NEVER had a butter tart??? How long have you been married?!?!

Hehe just kidding... I LOVE butter tarts, please send any extras my way. Did I ever tell you my Mom is the first non-Canadian citizen on her side of the family? Did I mention I love butter tarts??

Have a Merry Merry Christmas!!

6:34 p.m.  
Blogger grad student hack said...

Merry Christmas, and big hugs to the fam! See you all in less than a week.

love,
L

7:17 p.m.  
Blogger Laurie said...

Didn't you get earplugs for Jim for Christmas? It's the only way.

Merry, merry Christmas!!!

8:25 p.m.  
Blogger Jim said...

I will just point out, what my immediate family lacks in size, they make up for in insanity.

You've met my folks, Sweetie. You know I'm ready for anything.

*kisses*

11:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home