Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I really am super interesting...

But I seem to always forget all the interesting things once I'm at work. That probably says something about work, not me. Each day as I drive home I think up all the posts I've been meaning to make, and then I get home and do things that aren't on the computer so they don't get made (the posts).

Something that is making me rather pleased is my working out lately. Last week I reached my goal of 3hrs cardio and three each upper and lower weights. This week I didn't go on Sunday (bought a dining room table instead - pictures to come), and then monday we had a blackout scare again so I worked out at home. But yesterday I did 60min cardio at the gym and today I will workout out with a personal trainer. They give you one free session a year to try to get you to sign up for their VERY overpriced trainer session.

I poked into the breakdown a bit and something like $34 goes to the gym and $6 to the trainer. While I know this is how things work, I just hate that breakdown.

Anyhoo, I get my free session today and I'm pretty pumped. Hee, pumped. Weights. Hee.

And I'm totally like Grace from that episode where she follows the lady with her trainer around the weight room (but I'm so much more covert than she). I wait until my next session and then try out the most interesting looking moves I saw the trainer give to someone.

Oh yeah, and I don't think I posted this... did I?.. I don't remember. Okay, so I gained about 7-10 pounds since the summer and I've been pissed. It just won't drop again. So I got my electrode thingy done for body composition (again at the one year mark) so I could compare to last January. I have gained over 7lbs of muscle. For real! I always think that "oh, it is muscle weight and muscle weighs more than fat" to be a bit of a cop-out (as I read something that said as much for EARLY weight gain because women do not build muscle like that so quickly). I seemed unable to clue in that the article I read was stressing early weight gain and this is a year long weight gain... duh.

What is super cool is that actually bumps my goal weight. The first goal weight was all like "oh, you have X amount of muscle so your goal will be 144lbs" but now it knows "oh, you are more muscular so your goal weight is 155lbs based on carrying more muscle and therefore weighing more but still being super healthy". Which is mostly just background noise as I will weight what I weigh - ya know. If I'm eating well and working out 4+ times per week, this is it baby.

But, yeah, YAY!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindi Scott said...

At the weight loss clinic where I work, I'm always trying to tell people not to let the numbers on the scale bring them down and be the only reference they're using.

Maybe you could try taking your measurements for next year as well. That will help you really see how much you're losing! Congratulations to you!

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

you could also comment on how your little sister is hogging your computer every night staring blankly at the screen instead of writing her paper, or you know, commenting on blogs. It gets handed in tomorrow than you get your computer back! Wheeee!

3:09 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

You go!!!!

4:41 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I always use the muscle excuse; I wouldn't mind finding out how much of an excuse it is.

12:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home