Reception
Was awesome. Lots of people, Cindy's house was perfect, and the food went over well. It was so nice to see everyone all at once as I don't know we'd be able to see most people otherwise. I'm only here for a week this time and we're heading up to Jim's parents for a few days.
So the people were great and I got to meet a number of Jim's friends I hadn't met yet. It was really neat to see random friends come together. Jim's work friends, friends from when he first moved to NY, and some WDers just for kicks :)
Oh, and we did well with the food choices - people liked the food, ate tonnes, never looked like they only had scraps to choose from, but in the end we didn't have a whole lot left over. We planned so that the leftovers wouldn't be troublesome. You know - like how leftover caaandy can be troublesome. Well, for me at least. You know, in the way that I'd just eat it all and then feel a bit horrid.
So we have brought home some fruit and veggies and fancy-pants cheeses. Mmmm, cheeses. The one area Canada really needs to improve - cheese price. We bought a massive wedge of brie for, I dunno, under $4.
I would eat brie all day every day if it were that cheap at home.
Wait..
Okay, I think I'm actually with the financial limitation.
So the people were great and I got to meet a number of Jim's friends I hadn't met yet. It was really neat to see random friends come together. Jim's work friends, friends from when he first moved to NY, and some WDers just for kicks :)
Oh, and we did well with the food choices - people liked the food, ate tonnes, never looked like they only had scraps to choose from, but in the end we didn't have a whole lot left over. We planned so that the leftovers wouldn't be troublesome. You know - like how leftover caaandy can be troublesome. Well, for me at least. You know, in the way that I'd just eat it all and then feel a bit horrid.
So we have brought home some fruit and veggies and fancy-pants cheeses. Mmmm, cheeses. The one area Canada really needs to improve - cheese price. We bought a massive wedge of brie for, I dunno, under $4.
I would eat brie all day every day if it were that cheap at home.
Wait..
Okay, I think I'm actually with the financial limitation.


2 Comments:
mmmm.... brie......
I'm glad the reception went well. What did you wear? And um... when are you coming home? Cause... yeah, I may need to do some work on the house before you come home. I mean, the Kitties are not pulling their weight! Okay, have a good time!
Sounds like it was a wonderful time.
**cough**pictures**cough**
Post a Comment
<< Home