Friday, February 10, 2006

This Post is Not for Jim to READ!!

So would the rest of you like to see some close approximations to what I'll be buying tomorrow?

Keep in mind, these are not the real deal pictures as the designer of my dress is not offered online. But here are some pictures that will give you the various vibes:

It is like a raw silk. But without the nubbins. That's technical talk. It is a crisp, heavy, rich fabric in a light mocha/creme colour.The type of material and the gathering

It is strapless - straight across (unlike this particular photo) and also unlike this pic, there is no hard break between the top and bottom. The bodice is extremely fitted with light subtle beading just along the top inch or so.
The Skirt front and the pleats

This gives a real vibe for the back and the fabric. It actually comes with a little train, but we're altering that.The fabric

How the back will be bustled - but mine will be in smaller 'gathers' over a smaller section of the back. With the colour and the fabric, think fresh, real, whipped cream.


I think I might explode I'm so excited.

9 Comments:

Blogger Meghan said...

Oh wow... that's going to be gorgeous.

*basks in Jenn's luminous glow*

11:44 p.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Don't explode or you won't be able to wear the dress and marry Jim!

12:18 a.m.  
Blogger grad student hack said...

So pretty!

11:00 a.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

Wheee!

1:03 p.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

OK, it would be really hard for you to be more beautiful than you are on an everyday basis. But. I'm pretty sure this dress is gonna put you over the top.

Woohoo!

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Nice, Nice, and NICE...you are gonna look so gorgeous.

11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

Stunning!

6:18 a.m.  
Blogger Jay said...

Aw.

I remember when i bought mine, I had a picture of it in my pocket and I was so hell-bent on keeping it away from jason's eyes that it actually went through the wash...

7:32 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Ooooh!

I can just picture you frolicking on the beach in that dress.

6:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home