Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm in NYC!

yay! Got here last night. And I woke up this morning at 9 local time so I'm feeling rather on the ball already!

Jim and I are just about head downtown (my phrase for outside - he tends to correct me and explain that downtown nyc is an actual place and we aren't going there). So, we're about to head to yuppie-mart and then maybe to grab some lunch.

Three guesses what I'm wanting for lunch. And two of those guesses don't count!

AND - Jim went and picked up the goods for me to keep doing my cleanse while I'm here. So very nice of him. I wanted to keep up with it and we don't tend to eat a whole lot of bread products anyways. Main thing we have chatted about is that I'm avoiding sugar so Jim is being very considerate and helping me avoid situations where I would have to turn down sugar. Sugar is just too harmful to my body right now. I'm sure I still have a little evil group of hardy Yeasts living in me just waiting for a bit of sugar to arrive so they can gorge themselves and do the victory dance and take over again! Little bastards!

(Yes, I do visualise them all and they have outifts and manifestos and everything.)

xoxo
jenn

9 Comments:

Blogger AngelaRae said...

Yay! Enjoy your sushi and your Jim.

Do the Yeasts also have mustaches and cigars? It seems fitting somehow.

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

Your comment about doing downtown (I meant 'going' but 'doing' just sounds vaguely dirty) and Jim correcting you reminds me of your old posts about when you first went to NYC, like the long summer, back when you and Jim just started dating.

[/nostalgia]

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

Yay! Have fun in NYC!

12:35 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

Have a fantastic time hon, and enjoy the sushi ;) Power to the anti-Yeast revolution. You're a stronger woman than I.

xo
Laura

5:39 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

Sushi??

Totally random guess... but I seem to remember that you love sushi, and it's not sugary or yeasty (is that even a word?).

6:39 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

I didn't realize that yeast and sugar have the whole evil axis thing going.

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger CosmicAvatar said...

Sushi! Oishii!

I have a vision of the Yeasts leering and going, "Hey, sugar. Over here. Let's party. Yeah, baby."

4:12 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Excellent! Enjoy your time in NY - as if you could do anything else - and I'll keep a look-out for evil Yeasts.

6:17 a.m.  
Blogger Melly said...

OMG I visualized my yeasts as a massive army of Melly haters. But I cleansed them all, well except a couple but they were integrated. They opted for cultural genocide rather than the full on genocide their cohorts succumbed to.

Oh and I like Jim, he's nice to you.

5:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home