Poop
I didn't get the job. But you know what, I'm okay with that. I mean, I would have liked it - but I still feel I did an excellent interview and the woman confirmed that. She also encouraged me to apply again - which I am actually doing this week. She felt I would be a wonderful addition to the uni, and I agree with her.
So I guess there is an even BETTER job there waiting for me. Yeah.
So I guess there is an even BETTER job there waiting for me. Yeah.


9 Comments:
Poop. But yay on the encouraging words!
So I guess there is an even BETTER job there waiting for me.
Most definitely.
That sounds very positive. Here's to that better job being just around the corner.
Still hard not to be disappointed. Yay, you for doing such a good interview! Do more!
CRAPPY!!
They suck.
That said - yes, even better things ahead for you.
My mom always says, "People who are successful in this world often make it by attrition."
In other words... keep plugging.
I'll give you a job living at my house so I don't feel like the only 3rd wave feminist for miles
:-) I'll work on the job description, something about theortecial analysis in daily living. Hm, I only make as much as you want to make though.
A spin on what Meghan said, this...
When I was in the sports museum in Riga (Latvia), I was reading the explanation next to a painting of a female middle distance runner- quite a good one too. She quoted something her coach said:
"When it gets difficult for you- Fight! It is the one who keeps fighting who wins."
~ Paulis Polis I think he was called.
(paraphrased from my memory).
It sucks you didn't get this one, but I'm sure there is something way better for you.
yeah, you really didn't want that job anyway, you know, it was all yipidee and academia and had a weird title and all that... the co-op coordinator position is the one you really want. It seems clear to me that you have everything they are looking for... as for the marketing part they just want to know that you can convince employers to join their program; how about getting people on board for that workshop you just organized, and for those people you interviewed on the poetry train, and for planned parenthood way back when... ever had any success with cold calls... certainly someone as friendly and talkative as you...
Jill
Aww...I don't know what's wrong with these people. Their loss is someone else's gain.
Post a Comment
<< Home