You Spin Me Right Round, Baby Right Round.
So I was reading about someone having an 80's party in another blog and it got me to remembering. My sister Julia hosted one such party a while ago and as I finished getting ready - gathered rolled up jeans in place, over sized shirt with belt, the whole bit - I looked at myself in the mirror.
Then I looked at my friend Melly who was there and confessed:
"No doubt I had NO SELF ESTEEM in high school! NOBODY could look good in these clothes!!"
Once I drank enough I didn't care any longer, but the lesson was learned. Tapered jeans whether made that way or created through the pleated roll-over: work of Satan.
Now, about hair scrunchies...
Then I looked at my friend Melly who was there and confessed:
"No doubt I had NO SELF ESTEEM in high school! NOBODY could look good in these clothes!!"
Once I drank enough I didn't care any longer, but the lesson was learned. Tapered jeans whether made that way or created through the pleated roll-over: work of Satan.
Now, about hair scrunchies...


4 Comments:
Now that that song is stuck in my head...
I completely, whole-heartedly, and unequivocally agree. What were we thinking?!? Also in that category are high-waist pants. Talk about unflattering.
I've sworn off 80’s parties now. I’ve employed the “just say no” strategy. I’m not into making myself look bad on purpose.
In other 80’s news, I have a relative who still uses banana clips (yes it's who you're thinking of).
I managed to miss most of the 80s, luckily [wink]
I love the eighties! I think I was more exposed to it than most people my age because I had two teenage sisters, so I can appreciate the wonderfulness of that decade. The music, the movies! Even some of the clothes were so bad, they were cool! I am, such an eighties kid.
Post a Comment
<< Home