Interview Day
It went really well. Really really well.
I mean, we will have to wait and see - but I'll have no hard feelings over this one (unlike the last one which was not so good).
As I've said to people here, at this point there are things out of my control but the things I controlled today went better than I could have hoped. Now, one of the other candidates might have more direct experience with the one partner which could just tip the scales, so that might be the deciding factor. But I am not at all concerned about having lost the job based on my interview. The questions were tough - and the interview was long, but I was poised, confident, funny, and smart. One of those interviews where you know they liked you and they liked what you said. So again, I'm totally okay with the job going one way or the other because of those random factors that just happen. That I can deal with just fine.
It was just the last time where I felt the interview didn't allow me to shine. An interview where I felt things were sneaky and more about catching me "out" than trying to get me to highlight my skills. Today's interview asked what I consider fun challenging questions. They were all things I felt I could handle. The last time they were all things just outide my experience and in the end I had wondered why they thought my resume made me a candidate for the job. Regardless of what happens with this current job, the people there left with a positive view of me and my capabilities. And one person there was from HR so I'm very very glad that she now knows me and has more info on why they will eventually hire me to work here.
:)
I have to send a huge thank you to Jim. He totally sat up with me last night and helped me focus in on my presentation. I certainly would not have had the impact today without his help.
xoxo to all,
jenn
I mean, we will have to wait and see - but I'll have no hard feelings over this one (unlike the last one which was not so good).
As I've said to people here, at this point there are things out of my control but the things I controlled today went better than I could have hoped. Now, one of the other candidates might have more direct experience with the one partner which could just tip the scales, so that might be the deciding factor. But I am not at all concerned about having lost the job based on my interview. The questions were tough - and the interview was long, but I was poised, confident, funny, and smart. One of those interviews where you know they liked you and they liked what you said. So again, I'm totally okay with the job going one way or the other because of those random factors that just happen. That I can deal with just fine.
It was just the last time where I felt the interview didn't allow me to shine. An interview where I felt things were sneaky and more about catching me "out" than trying to get me to highlight my skills. Today's interview asked what I consider fun challenging questions. They were all things I felt I could handle. The last time they were all things just outide my experience and in the end I had wondered why they thought my resume made me a candidate for the job. Regardless of what happens with this current job, the people there left with a positive view of me and my capabilities. And one person there was from HR so I'm very very glad that she now knows me and has more info on why they will eventually hire me to work here.
:)
I have to send a huge thank you to Jim. He totally sat up with me last night and helped me focus in on my presentation. I certainly would not have had the impact today without his help.
xoxo to all,
jenn


11 Comments:
Eeeeee! I'm glad you feel so good about it. Best of luck!
Glad you feel so positive about it, sweets!
And yay for Jim being there to help you prepare :-)
*Sending of good thoughts and much crossing of fingers and toes*
oh yeah and loads of hugs!!!
lol
And you went into the interview looking fantastic!
*kisses*
Jim
Feeling you did your best makes waiting the hear a "yeah" or "neah" so much less painful.
So, congratulations on an outstanding interview... and here's hoping you hear that "yeah"!!
YAYYYYY!
Feeling confident and looking confident are more than half the job done.
Appendages crossed.
"I was poised, confident, funny, and smart."
But of course you were! They would be crazy not to want you.
[hugs]
Good stuff, sweetie.
I'm glad that it went well and that you feel good about it. Sending you lots of job getting energy.
Yay Jenn!
Yay Jim!
This can't work in fact, that is exactly what I consider.
Amherst real estate | proposal format | fake belly button rings
Post a Comment
<< Home