Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Shortlisted

I've been shortlisted again. In case it wasn't clear, I didn't end up getting that other job. Which is okay as I had decided I didn't want it anyways (take my little red wagon and go play in my own yard thankyouverymuch).

Plus that other one was another contract rather than a REAL(tm) job with benefits and the like. This one - this one today - is REAL(tm).

Tomorrow I write the TEST for the job. Eep. Then friday I have the interview with the COMMITTEE. Why can't they just see how cute and lovely I am and just give me the job along with a company car and a new pony right now without the silly games?

Sheesh.


But yeah, I'm pretty excited and very much thinking about how cool it is to be shortlisted again and taking that as a good sign. I'm getting there.

10 Comments:

Blogger Yonners said...

I'll send you lovely happy go lucky good luck marshmallow charm thoughts all day tomorrow. How's that? It's funny, cause you are in the same room as me right now. heh. Hello! heh.

9:00 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Froggy squirmed when I read this! Take that as you will...

9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

okay, so point A. you are good at tests. you are like me in that weird testing ability thing that means we can usually somehow figure out the answers, even when that means writing an entire spanish essay about the orange suitcase you lost in the airport. this is where our strange little brains come in handy. so the test part, not an issue.

and in terms of a committee... that is where they'll all get to see just how cute and lovely you are. and while i've heard that cutbacks and downsizing have reduced the number of pony-incentives being handed out, i'm sure you will dazzle them. just remember that what it's like to be on their side of the table, and while i don't recommend licking their asses tooooo much, it is handy knowing the things that make them feel happy and reassured and like if they hire you they won't all get sued for incompetent decision making when you embezzle the payroll and burn down the office.

what type of job is it anyway?

j

12:09 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

and the committe stuff was point b in case anyone cares.

:)

12:10 a.m.  
Blogger grad student hack said...

And just remember, you are interviewing them to see if the job is truly suitable. The part where they interview you is just their opportunity to see how kick ass you are in person.

And what MissJ says above is true, you people test well! :) Good luck today!
GSH

6:47 a.m.  
Blogger Dogeared said...

I'm such a ditz. I'm working my way down my favourites folder, for Blogs. It begins with you, Iago, then Dellraven.

As you and she both have black Blogs, I started reading your entry and thought "Wait- Meg's going for acting jobs again?" [/confused].

Then the penny dropped [doh]

Good luck, chick!

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

You get ponies! I am *so* moving to B.C. [wink]

All my bits are crossed for you, my dear, although you are so kick ass that I doubt you'll need it.

11:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great honey, that is a given. In a perfect world, they would hand it to you on a silver platter. We all know how well qualified you are, how much experience you have and what a great employee you will be.

Love Mom

3:05 p.m.  
Blogger Meghan said...

Saving the best interview for last, that's all.

Sending my most potent "youwillgetthejob" vibes.

8:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Rodger said...

Quite effective info, thank you for the post.
here

12:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home