Thursday, December 15, 2005

Gingerbread

I've been a bit busy last few nights finishing up the cards and some shipping.

But tonight I think I'll make gingerbread. Oh yes. And it is J's fault to start. What with the feeding of gingerbread to moi on monday. I managed to not run in the kitchen and grab the entire bag of it and run out the front door.

Plus she knows where I live.


And then bettie posting about the eating of gingerbread - after I had done just that! Ohhhh!

So tonight I want to bake.

And a blog BoQ! (Bunch of Questions)

Do you have a great gingerbread recipe you want to share?

What sweets are Christmas time to you?

Want to come eat gingerbread with me?

xoxo
jenn

6 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

I do not have any delicious gingerbread recipes to share. However, if you wish to send me gingerbread, I will not be sad.

7:37 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

Do you have a great gingerbread recipe you want to share?
No. But we have a holiday caaaandy pie recipe.

1. Buy pie crust.
2. Fill pie crust with lots of caaaandy.
3. Eat caaaandy.

It's always a big hit.

*much nodding of Bears*

What sweets are Christmas time to you?
Caaaandy!!!

*much bouncing up and down of Bears*

Want to come eat gingerbread with me?
Yes!

*much scampering of Bears to find Jim's 'Merican 'Spress Card and buy airplane tickets to Canadia.*

OK Bye
Daphne Rose

11:49 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I think I will be baking tonight. Although I won't be doing any actual baking. But cooking doesn't feel right either. What do you call making Christmas candy?

Do you have a great gingerbread recipe you want to share?
Nope. I don't think I've ever made gingerbread. I would be glad to, though.

What sweets are Christmas time to you?
The things I'm making tonight: I'm making fudge, buckeye balls, and caramels. Mmmmm. Those and fruitcake. Mom makes the best fruitcake.

Want to come eat gingerbread with me?
Oh, please! Much better than making my own and eating it alone!

6:53 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Bake? What is that?? *giggle*
Nope on the gingerbread recipe...
What sweets are Christmas time to me? Nanamio bars, peanut brittle and rum balls...I have now gained 20 pounds just thinking about them...
Eat gingerbread with you??? Hopefully!!!

8:59 a.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Not ginger bread, exactly, but I have an AMAZING recipe for ginger cookies. I'll post it in the next couple days.

11:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to get all homey this time of year and bake up a storm. It was fun. Now I have exams to mark. Much less fun. Maybe if I brush my nose with flour and eat chocolate, butter and sugar while I'm marking?

Anyway, I used to have a Christmas tradition of making a gingerbread house every year that got silent-auctioned for charity. Great female-bonding. I miss it.

Three years ago when I was procrastinating on thesis writing, I candied my own citrus peel (orange, lime, lemon and grapefruit), then used it in a Christmas cake that pickled in booze for a month before we ate it. Normally I hate Christmas cake. This was the best cake ever.

If you're feeling very crafty, try making your own Christmas ornaments out of cinnamon and apple sauce. Buy a huge pile of cinnamon at the bulk store. Add just enough apple sauce to make it into a dough. Roll it out into a sheet about 1/4" thick. Use cookie cutters (or a knife and an imagination) and cut out fun Xmas shapes. Don't forget to add a hole to hang them. Bake for 1-2 hours on a cookie sheet (on parchment paper just in case) in a low low oven (200F?). If you want, you can go crazy with glitter glue later. They smell delicious, and look all homey. Fun for kids too.

Hopefully I can talk the parental units into making candied almonds and homemade eggnog. We'll see. Can't ask too much, as we're spending New Year's with them rather than Christmas.

12:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home