You know that thing where you don't blog because you've got nothing to blog about and don't just want some random nothingness sitting there? Isn't it funny how then there is also the thing where you don't blog because you keep thinking up all these things you want to blog about but you want to do a good job and have it really well done? And then the one where I start thinking "well, I don't want to blog about that until I blog about those other things."
So things I've wanted to blog about:
Good, I think that was everything I wanted to blog about over the last week!
xoxo
jenn
So things I've wanted to blog about:
- Monday: Went to some friends' for a long weekend cookout. Lovely. Their daughter has decided I'm the neatest thing ever (she's five) which makes me feel very special. We played a Barbie Wedding computer game. Don't get me started on what that game is telling little girls about their roles, friends, futures, and love-lives. Yee-gads!
- Tuesday: Found the South Street Sea Port discount Broadway ticket spot. Don't tell anyone: no line! Walked right up and got 50% discount tickets to Fiddler for that night. Midtown has you standing there forever! Fiddler was great and only minor fuckwits sitting behind us. They talked during a couple song, tried to clap along with odd spots, and something else I've since fogotten. All was set right by the universe at intermission when the woman's foot got caught in the seat flippy-uppy motion when Jim sat down. That's right lady - karma's a bitch! If you talk during a broadway show, you don't get to WALK ever again! *sigh, if only I ran the universe*
- Wednesday: We've been watching some tv shows on DVD. This is becoming my favorite way to watch shows. We're watching Firefly and Freaks and Geeks. I'm very impressed with both.
- As this was the one week till I leave day - Jim and I had one of our chats about the usual. You know, babies and marriage and my wanting of babies and his not-sureness (but really really trying to feel woohoo about it... but still just not being there) and how having to make adult decisions are stupid. But we know we want to get married. Is just the rest that is being difficult.
- Thursday: We took my engagement ring up to ring dude to get it resized again. I wish my butt lost weight as fast as my fingers. In one year I've gone from ring size 7.25 to size 6. We then walked home which was fun as we saw this crazy couple. This 60yr old-ish gentleman came around the corner (white pants, button up shirt, sweater tied over shoulders like 'pip pip tennis anyone?') with an equally well dressed woman late 40's or so right behind him (white flouncy skirt, blouse, high heels, longer wavy hair, nice purse and an umbrella)... that she was jabbing into the guy's ass with the POINTY END! And muttering something to him. Jab. Jab jab jab. OUCH! He turns, they are 'talking' and then he starts walking again. She starts hooking him with the handle of the umbrella trying to yank him back...by his face. For another block she's doing this and then jabbing him with the pointy end in the butt. We get close enough (I was almost running to catch up with them!) to hear them talking about whatever - dammit in another language so I still don't know what is going on. Then he starts running! Across intersections... but he's more trotting. Like when he was trying to get away from her before he was just kinda walking a bit fast. And then he starts trotting away. So she's trotting after him. But they aren't full-out running and neither are giving off the 'call the cops vibe' - just trotting further and further away. We then saw them about five blocks later on the other side talking. Her umbrella was not involved. Really...
- Oh, and also had dinner guests Peter (bostonwillowfan) and Julia (prime) last night for much chatting and fooding and the final episode of Firefly.
Good, I think that was everything I wanted to blog about over the last week!
xoxo
jenn


5 Comments:
I just got a funny look from our finance controller because I was laughing about the old couple!
Also, please remind about this ticket place when I head to NY!
I love foot karma!
Yay on your fingers getting slimmer!
And the umbrella story, I swear, only in NYC.
In addition to clapping, at one point one of the asshats behind us started to whistle along.
She so deserved to get her foot caught in the seat.
Jim
OINY- Only In New York [up]
That couple were very OINY!
Callie
Glad you had a good time at the theatre, bar the daft couple behind - grr arg! Also, what a strange couple. Umbrellas are damn dangerous weapons in the wrong hands!
Post a Comment
<< Home