Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fun Day NYC Touristness

Just decided to go on up and see the Met. Took the subway up to 81st Street and then wandered for half an hour through Central Park to the Museum. I especially wanted to look at the paintings and zoomed in on the Modern Art Collection. Do take a look at the page and see some of the art. I especially think of Cali with this one (okay, with any Matisse piece - and there are many in that collection). There was a special exhibit of Diane Arbus' photography which was awesome! We spent about 2hrs at the museum and then decided to find us some food. Jim thought there was a great little vegetarian restaurant on 86th St and Lexington so we walked the 15 minutes over there.. and over some more... and a bit more... So then we found a nice looking Greek restaurant to go to and had some yummy bread, red pepper something or other, shared greek salad, and a lovely fish dish with feta and peppers and onions and veggies.

After we ate we wandered over to the East River and walked along the pathway down to the 59th Street Bridge and then in to Lexington. At that point we grabbed a cab home and caught the final Next Top Model and American Idol. I feel it has been a full day *wink*

In other news, I've never actually eaten dates before other than in something. Sounds rather unimportant except that Jim bought a container of dates and ate one only to have the thought "ohmygod, these are as good as date squares.. if not better because I'm not eating dessert, I'm eating fruit!" Why couldn't I have figured this out before? So yeah, my new dessert. Good think I come to these big cities to figure out high culture stuff like the fact I love dates.

Go wild girl.

xoxo
jenn

9 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

And yet, figs don't taste as good as fig newtons.

6:58 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Ahhhh, very interesting...

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a fig. But those newtons are pretty fine food!

7:30 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Mmmmm....dates.

Sounds like a lovely day!

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

ohmigod... i'm totally hooked on dry figs. i think they taste better than fig newtons because you don't have that dry 'cake' thang surrounding them.

mmmmmm dates.

8:28 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

Ooooh I LOVE Matisse!! I am sooo jelous- Thanks for the links though..:) I am glad that you had a super uber day! I'm not with you on the date thing though- you are on your own there!! :)

9:18 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds a wonderful day, I'm very jealous!

Callie

11:55 a.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

sounds like a lovely b-day. thanks for posting the links. I love the pic of Central Park, and I was fascinated by the photographer's works. Very uique.

12:10 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

unique even

12:11 p.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Dates rock, don't they? I've not had any in years but I remember loving them when I was small.

3:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home