Saturday Walk About
Yeah, go ahead and pronounce that as walk Aboot in your heads if you like. I don't believe myself to have an accent but *some* people like to point that one out to me. Met up with Julia (prime) today for a loverly time! We met at our usual - starbucks at B&N for about 2 hrs of chitchat with a coffee (and a small piece of chocolate cheesecake for me, cinnamon bun for her). We then looked at home books, and she bought me a copy of BR Myers' "A Reader's Manifesto: An Attack on the Growing Pretentiousness in American Literary Prose" for my birthday. I actually stood in the store and read a fair bit of it before we left. Interesting little book which I may or may not agree with- but which seems to be a nice read and kinda fun to explore.
So then Julia and I wandered a bit and ended up heading down to a Mexican Restaurant we've been to before. We both had wonderful brunches with yummy iced teas and another long chat session. Then we went down to peer into some shops and walk and talk some more eventually rounding back up north a bit to where a street fair had been set up for the day. That was fun as we poked about the stands and chatted with the soap making fellow (ahh, I'll give him a plug as well since he gave up both free samples to take home). By the time we reached the end of the fair it was after five and we had pretty much been talking non-stop since before 11... so it was time to head home. My feet are tired and I'm totally sleepy now and rethinking my cheerful "oh, I'll make dinner tonight" as Jim headed out the door this morning (to his weekend course scheduled today and tomorrow). I was planning on grilling some veggies and chicken with his stovetop grill. Super fun and I bought eggplant and mushrooms and peppers and zuchinnis for this in particular yesterday while at YuppieMart.
Reason number fifty million I love him? If he came in the door and I was lazed out on the couch with the pitiful pleading of "sushi?" he would just smile and agree. On that note I think I've had sushi all but two days since arriving here. That would be seven of the nine days so far. Four times now for dinner - and we've opted for some lunch sushi (twice from the sushi chefs at our GROCERY STORE who custom make brown rice salmon and tuna sushi for us as we shop, and once eating out at Monster Sushi down the street after meeting a friend for coffee that morning).
Yeah, if it were crack I'd feel the need to enter a support group. Luckily it isn't crack. SEVEN OF NINE DAYS! Hey! Seven of Nine [/star trek]!!
Oh man, I'll talk to you all later.
*rolls eyes at self*
jenn
So then Julia and I wandered a bit and ended up heading down to a Mexican Restaurant we've been to before. We both had wonderful brunches with yummy iced teas and another long chat session. Then we went down to peer into some shops and walk and talk some more eventually rounding back up north a bit to where a street fair had been set up for the day. That was fun as we poked about the stands and chatted with the soap making fellow (ahh, I'll give him a plug as well since he gave up both free samples to take home). By the time we reached the end of the fair it was after five and we had pretty much been talking non-stop since before 11... so it was time to head home. My feet are tired and I'm totally sleepy now and rethinking my cheerful "oh, I'll make dinner tonight" as Jim headed out the door this morning (to his weekend course scheduled today and tomorrow). I was planning on grilling some veggies and chicken with his stovetop grill. Super fun and I bought eggplant and mushrooms and peppers and zuchinnis for this in particular yesterday while at YuppieMart.
Reason number fifty million I love him? If he came in the door and I was lazed out on the couch with the pitiful pleading of "sushi?" he would just smile and agree. On that note I think I've had sushi all but two days since arriving here. That would be seven of the nine days so far. Four times now for dinner - and we've opted for some lunch sushi (twice from the sushi chefs at our GROCERY STORE who custom make brown rice salmon and tuna sushi for us as we shop, and once eating out at Monster Sushi down the street after meeting a friend for coffee that morning).
Yeah, if it were crack I'd feel the need to enter a support group. Luckily it isn't crack. SEVEN OF NINE DAYS! Hey! Seven of Nine [/star trek]!!
Oh man, I'll talk to you all later.
*rolls eyes at self*
jenn


7 Comments:
Ah, our men...Always so quick to take us out for sushi 'cause they know we love it so.
And in what other food can you get so much deliciousness with so little fat or calories?
Ha! That is totally why I guessed seven earlier.
Yay! I guessed correctly also!
Happy day with JuliaPrime - lucky you!
Wow - it's almost like living in Vancouver. Is sushi as cheap in nyc as it is in Van? There are 5 sushi places within 2 blocks of my house. It's tempting never to cook again!
Coral, are you drunk? 'Cause it kinda sounds like it with the shouting...
hee
You have the best boyfriend/partner/fiance/word of your choice ever!
And I'm totally jealous of your day with Julia!
Callie
Starbucks, Sushi, Seven - S's seem to be the letter of the day...
;p
*hug*
Post a Comment
<< Home