Monday, May 09, 2005

Very interesting posts

Mystery Mommy linked to this woman's blog, and most of you know how I go on and on about tv and representation. Ie: positive gay characters, having access to alternative narratives of self, yadda yadda. And that it is a place with responsibility as well as a place for entertainment. So these posts deal with some interesting points about Grey's Anatomy (ABC) and Revelations (NBC) and organ donation. I think she is making a very important point and I think about how hard it would be so see these shows when she has a daughter who was saved by a liver transplant.

xoxo
jenn

2 Comments:

Blogger Moreena said...

Thank you for the link, and sorry it took this long to send thanks your way.

It's interesting to see how TV gets so many things wrong, and influences our impressions in ways that are so subtle (re: your comments about the other issues TV gets wrong). For example, the same show (Gray's Anatomy) is evidently ruffling nurses' feathers for negative portrayals of their work. I didn't even notice, for shame, but agree that the looming nursing shortage is not helped when TV shows dismiss nurses as low-level peons in the medical world.

12:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Abner said...

Oh my god, there's so much useful info above!
French doors | car emergency kit | Chinese restaurant menu

8:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home