Revisions
My supervisor has finished her comments on my draft and turned them in to the department secretary. They were then put it in the mail thursday, and given that monday is a holiday in these parts I suspect I'll get the commented thesis by tuesday or so.
Kinda makes me want to barf. But ah well, it will be good to actually get some feedback after all this time. I know my supervisor rather well so I know she was planning on marking it up very thorourly. Again, I know this will be good... still makes me want to hide under the table though. And there is still too many days before it will get here for me to be in knots the whole time, so I'm trying to just not think about it too much. I'm so very very much hoping for things like "give a quick definition of these terms" and "expand on what you mean by this" rather than "why didn't you use so-n-so's approach to post-colonial theory for your analysis? Go find her work, read it, and replace chapter two with it."
Erp. But, nothing to do about that right now. Just have to wait to get the feedback.
And still no word from my other two committee members. They have until June 8th, so that is fine for now.
So Jim and I are heading out about the town today. We've thought of having a walk through the East Village and then to the farmer's market to get some veggies and the like.
*wave*
jenn
Kinda makes me want to barf. But ah well, it will be good to actually get some feedback after all this time. I know my supervisor rather well so I know she was planning on marking it up very thorourly. Again, I know this will be good... still makes me want to hide under the table though. And there is still too many days before it will get here for me to be in knots the whole time, so I'm trying to just not think about it too much. I'm so very very much hoping for things like "give a quick definition of these terms" and "expand on what you mean by this" rather than "why didn't you use so-n-so's approach to post-colonial theory for your analysis? Go find her work, read it, and replace chapter two with it."
Erp. But, nothing to do about that right now. Just have to wait to get the feedback.
And still no word from my other two committee members. They have until June 8th, so that is fine for now.
So Jim and I are heading out about the town today. We've thought of having a walk through the East Village and then to the farmer's market to get some veggies and the like.
*wave*
jenn


5 Comments:
Yay on getting comments back!
Oh, I am sure she is simply going to write in bright red lipstick all across it:
This is the most fantastic thesis EVER!! You are a star!
And then she will ask to have your baby.
Did I know that post-colonial theory had a role in your thesis? I couldn't have, or I would have told you all about how I failed that class by no fault of my own and HOW MUCH I HATE FRANTZ FANON THAT MOTHERFUCKER and how hard I tried to like Trinh Min Ha but I just couldn't.
I feel sick just thinking about it.
What Coral said!
And what Allison said.
I'm sure it'll be fine!
Callie
Sounds like you had a fun day! Good good. In the meantime, as ridiculous as this advice always is, try not to worry!
Post a Comment
<< Home