Thursday, May 26, 2005

Dear Lush Cosmetics,

I went to order from you today, and yet again you were stupid. In the past I tried to send international order once and after going through the whole process there was no way to indicate that the sender (me) was from Canada. This meant I couldn't fill out the form and I didn't mail the gift. I emailed you about this and you never replied.

Today I went to send my sister a gift certificate. I'll be sending her something else - quite frankly it isn't hard to find an online gift to send someone. Your webpage is wrong. You are charging GST on gift certificates and this is not correct. I had to call your 1-888 number and talk to the woman for a few minutes before she suddenly went "oh, you're right... gift certificates don't get taxed. This was supposed to be fixed!"

I'm currently looking into how to report you for this. I'm guessing it has been going on for a while and I'm sure it is some sort of fraud. If nothing else, it is yet another reason I thought of not ordering from you. But, I wanted to send my sister a gift so I tried to just order through the phone number. All went well until she told me the 'flat' shipping rate. It was $8.

For an envelope.

Excuse me?

Now, it isn't that I don't love my sister another $8 worth. But see, I'd rather just go with amazon or any number of other places and actually give my sister that additional $8 to spend. You have lost my business again. And I'm not going to try and order from you again. And I'm taking you off my wishlist - see you used to be one of my top players there as I really do love your products and I really do love giving your products but I've had it with all the issues. You are that beautiful sensitive boyfriend who just has one too many late night melt-downs and runs off into the night expecting me to follow and make everything okay.

Run away silly little boy, run away. I'll not follow. Even though your bath products are amazing.

I'm off to check out some other amazing online businesses that won't piss me off.

Signed,
Me

7 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

That soooo sucks, but better that you found out before you bought it...
;P
Aren't I full of great tips??

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

I hope you actually send them a copy of this letter. Not that I think they'd do anything about it, but still....

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Ugh. Makes me glad I never bought anything from them. Not that they'd make a fortune off me or anything. ;^D

5:40 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

ohhhh bad lush,

but i love the prezzie you got me instead. i'm getting a book by margaret atwood, one by marge piercy (both about writing non-fiction) and a the lastest ani cd... so very very good prezzie. and i'll just go buy the soap that i love :) i finally ran out from last years present.

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i went to the lush site and that is sooooo funny that they charge flat shipping on a gift certificate. bet someone in head office is wondering why noone ever buys them!!!! what morons!

9:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never tried buying off their website, because there were Lush shops in both my Uni town and my home town. But it's not like I buy much there, not having much money!

Stupid Lush website [growls on Jenn's behalf]

Callie

2:36 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

How unutterably stupid.

3:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home