Behold, the Caesar’s Bath meme! List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over. To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), "Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice."
Yes - here I am finally getting to that challenge from Liz. It is a tough one, though, and I'll actually have to try and think of something that my peer group does but not necessarily my circle of friends. I pretty much get what my friends do and like.
And now I'll tag three more. Please don't feel the need to be as ranty as I just was there *wink* I tag Cali, Callie, and Spawnkitty!
xoxo
jenn
Yes - here I am finally getting to that challenge from Liz. It is a tough one, though, and I'll actually have to try and think of something that my peer group does but not necessarily my circle of friends. I pretty much get what my friends do and like.
- Pants so low in the waist that they gotta shave their pubes. Nobody can really pull this off well. I don't just mean low-rise, I mean "ick-rise" and guys do it too. I don't want to see that 'special place' while I'm at the mall trying to buy shoes. It makes me feel dirty. And not in a good way.
- Young parents dressing their young girls like bar-chicks. Pretty much see above.
- Voting for the BC Liberals. Gah. Voting for a party that only benefits the wealthy does not actually then make one wealthy. Guess what - their money has to come from someone and it is all the rest of us. And I wish they'd please draw the connection to the increased number of homeless in Vancouver and the increased number of young girls standing on the streets in old jeans, hair in ponytails, and looking like they are 12 waiting to earn $20. This is a political party that closed battered women's shelters, hundreds of schools, and removed the funding to access eye exams every two years. Right, but we got the olympics. *rolleyes*
- Not understanding the role that feminism has had in everyday life. Not understanding that there is so much work that needs doing to address racism and sexism and poverty in this country. Not understanding that if one likes canada because of how much it cares for its citizens, that means we have to uphold those institutions that do the caring. That we cannot gloat over our equality and access to resources while ignoring Treaty Contracts, cutting access to healthcare and eduction, and not taking care of social programmes/ daycare/ the elderly/ and so on. And despite the PR issues, feminists are the ones who keep working and writing about these issues. That we will only be a caring country if, in fact, we care about other people.
- Eating fast food. As I just said in another blogger's comments section - why on earth would I eat food prep'd by someone I wouldn't trust in my personal space or at my house or on my lawn? Yet I trust them to cook me some meat? I mean, why when I take so much care with my health and my safety and my own personal standards of care with food would I then trust someone who very possibly has shown up to work drunk or high or pissed at the world or picking their nose. And yes, I totally mean to single out fast food. Having had a sister work at one of the local places here in town, I can tell you that these work environments are your worst nightmare and I'd just as soon go out into their parking lots and lick the tires on the cars. These are not happy people. They couldn't care less about making me safe food.
And now I'll tag three more. Please don't feel the need to be as ranty as I just was there *wink* I tag Cali, Callie, and Spawnkitty!
xoxo
jenn


6 Comments:
*is tagged*
Ooh ooh, I'm it!
*looks around, sees Cali and Spawnkitty*
I'm joint it, I'm joint it! [grin]
Will get going on this sweets!
Callie
Ooh, good answers, good answers!
And how cool is it that you spell it "Programme"?
I used to get in such trouble for spelling it that way.
My brother used to work for McDonald's and he would come home with extra spots and extra grease in his hair because of the environment. So I second you on that!
*is tagged*
DOH - that's what I get for reminding you about being tagged...
good answers by the way...
Maybe Callie and I (Cali) could do one tag considering we have the same name only different spellings....
Nah, I didn't think you'd fall for that...
I bite you.
(so I've accepted the challenge)
I think everyone must read this.
download games | pick free game | computer games | free games for pc | puzzle games online
Post a Comment
<< Home