Monday, May 16, 2005

It's my Birthday!

It is my birthday, and for the third year in a row I'm able to spend it with Jim! Yay! But for the first time we're actually spending it in nyc. We've gone away each other time (savannah one year and Philly - to go to Morimoto's - the next). I got to meet the Iron Chef, in case I hadn't already told you all this fifty million times! This year we are spending this birthday here and our theme this month is 'classy tourists in nyc.'

This morning Jim woke up before me and went across the street to get us both non-fat lattes, so I woke up to two of the best things ever: snuggles and coffee! He's gone on to ask me what I want to do for my birthday day and I said read my book and play sims2 to start. I also want to do some yoga and go for a walk. We might wander down to a scarf shop Coral went to while she was here. I'm very excited about that idea as there are many many pretty scarves for me to buy. They are silk. They are in very pretty colours. Yay!

Oh, on a side note what I don't want for my birthday. In case anyone was thinking of making me a craft...

And then tonight Jim and I are going out for dinner to an amazing Indian restaurant in town here. Very woohoo. I might wear my black pants with my pretty blue top (the one with the lacey edges), or I'm going to wear my cute little strapless dress. Very simple dress in a bit of a A-line that is a little stretchy across the boobs with a pink ribbon and a little bow. Then it just runs a simple line to above the knee. That is only depending on if I feel like shaving my legs *hee* so we'll see about that.

And to confirm that I have the best fiance in the world, today for my birthday day Jim is cleaning the apartment and not letting me help. I just get to be in the cleanness and everything. He's even going along and throwing things out. It is like beyond my dreams (really - those of you who know me in person know this is like my crack). He's coming up to me and saying "I'm just going to throw these old placemats out and stop saving them. Oh, why do I have the box to the phone still sitting here. I'll recycle that too. Hmm, I'm just going to comet cleanser the top of the microwave and the sides." To anyone who hasn't met me, if I had to pick a TV show to represent my views on life it would be Clean Sweep. It gives me chills to see people clean out a room leaving only functional/pretty/loved items.

Ohhhh, he just moved the kitchen garbage can to sweep behind it and get the little gritty bits from the tough to reach spot! Really, I couldn't ask for much more for a birthday day! (And again, I'm actually not joking. At all.) My roommate is going to read this and pee her pants laughing. It's funny because it's true [/Homer Simpson].

And I've already had many many wonderful presents. Leone gave me my gifts before I left home - a totally 'me' cookbook on low-cal veggie and fish and light type meals. She said she took one look at it and said "jenn!" Then she also got me this little sinful book of amazing desserts that tended to have the words chocolate, creamy, and mmmmmmmm in their titles. Perfect gift! Mom and dad and Julia and Jason were all super wonderful and got me Amazon gift certificates! I love those as I've got a wishlist a mile long and I love going through making multiple combinations of what I could get.

Okay, with all that said I'm off to read some of my book and maybe get a kiss from my boy.

xoxo to all,
jenn

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely day sweets! Enjoy the day with Jim [grin]

Love and hugs and birthday nibbles,

Callie xx

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Birthday!!!

11:52 a.m.  
Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Hope you have a great Birth Day.

12:01 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Happy birthday! I have a present all planned for you but with my laziness you might possibly get it in time for the next one.

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

Happy Birthday Yoga Buns!

OK Bear Hugs
Stompy, Blinky, Spike, Ollie, Noel "Snowflake" Chompsky, Daphne Rose, Calliope, Sargeant Mauja, Papito, Essie, Liam, Rose and Maximillian Grrr

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Happy Birthday, you young thing you! Hope the rest of your day is as great as the start.

2:50 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Awww thanks everyone! And Annika I should tell you about the cross-stitch for my friend's baby... she's entering high school now.

*doh*

We're heading out for dinner pretty quick and I'm still not sure what I'm wearing. Secretly I think Jim really likes that game where i get changed just as we are about to head out the door. Luckily I only brought eight pairs of shoes so that choice has been limited by selection.

2:55 p.m.  
Blogger Jess said...

Happy Birthday!

5:04 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a *wonderful* day!

6:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are late birthday wishes, Jenn! Hope you had a fantastic day - although how could you not with all the cleaning going on around you? Did you get a chance to read any Cause Celeb? I'm back in Van now; decided I should start the job hunt asap. Interesting development though: on Sunday night I hooked up with my friend Jordan...hmmmm....would this have been better in an email?

11:03 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Thanks everyone for the bday wishes! We had a wonderful dinner and the food was fabyummy!

Coral, I think we agreed I was taking three pairs at one point.. my kicky walking shoes, red shoes, and dress shoes... but things kinda started to break down after that. I think it was when leone came over to help me pack more.

And Freya, everything is blog worthy in my books! Glad you are back in van and hope the job hunt goes well!

11:12 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Late, I be. Pants! Hope your whole birthday was as wonderful as the start!

3:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home