Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wedding bands

The ones we wear, not the ones we listen to....

So my ring dude has some very nice bands. (Do just open another browser window and put www.antiqueengagementrings.com in and bop back and forth *grin*) We are considering a couple variations on L1107 (last ring on page one), L1000 at the top of page two, and L1263 (second from bottom page three).

Edit: we've picked out the L1000. When we got up there today and looked at them all, this one just looked so amazing we couldn't believe we had considered anything but that one. I mean, the others were put on and admired and gushed over and all... but this one just looked so very very perfect for both my engagement ring and for my style. As Jim said, I'm so much about quirky and different styles put together so the matching set seemed 'not quite right.' And even the ring dude said that the matching set was more over-powering and flashy and based on what I talked about (I think it was our ten minute discussion about gardening that did it) the non-matching was more understated, yet classic, and looked more like me. I like that it feels more like I've got a beautiful engagement ring I love and a beautiful wedding band i love (that feels like something that would be handed down generations) and I've just put them together. Although I wasn't allowed to just take the ring right then and there *pout*. Word is we have to get married first...

And although it wasn't in the mix that we looked at last week, I'm now also interested in LD6080 at the top of page three and will ask him today if he has that one made up right now.

The variations of 1107 are about the width (2mm, 2.4mm, 2.56mm) which then changes the size of the diamonds. Also, he is able to make the diamonds run all the way around, half way, or one quatre of the way. But the more I thought about it, if we get one of those ones we'll get diamonds all the way around because that will be what we want it for. Otherwise we'd go for the one with partial diamonds and engraving (top of page two). The new one under consideration I love because of the pink. Anyone who knows me is nodding their head right now.

And then there is that L1263. Very different vibe. Thing is, this is the one that pretty much matches my engagement ring bang on. The diamonds run the same width, the band is the same polish, and the look ends up being very neat and complimentary. Just to remind you all, my ring is here. And I went and found something that I thought gave the vibe of the more matching band here. Although I'll point out that matching sets never seem to really match up like they do in pics unless you get the kind that hook together somehow. Which I don't want. I want them separate so that means they won't line up perfectly.

I think this is why I really like the other ones. The eternity bands. They don't look like they are supposed to match. They look like their own rings and they look very old and beautiful and antique next to the more polished engagement ring. I quite like that contrast. If I may, I think that builds a tension between the rings which I like. A compliment. With that said, I still really appreciate what happens with the matching set.

So we're heading up there in an hour or so. Jim liked the first band he tried on. THE FIRST ONE.

We all laughed. And then got back to watching me try on five rings over and over. I started getting a carpel tunnel twing in my wrist from holding my hand up in that strange 'look at my ring' pose.

So feel free to talk about which ones you like, but remember I might just pick something out in which case you don't want to get caught saying that was the one you hated *wink* - with that said, Jim and I agreed that they were all beautiful and whatever we get of those will be amazing.

13 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

I'm just gonna giggle
*giggle*
jewlery....its like Caandy
*giggle*
maybe you should get them all, make one big band??
*giggle*
*sigh*
Happy shopping
*big hug!*

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I like the first and second ones best. First more than second.

And, as you know, I looooove your engagement ring.

And, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you this visit.

1:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl!

question, so are you going the K1 or K3 route?

2:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That ring is lovely. It reminds me a bit of my grandmother's wedding band but hers was yellow gold.

I haven't read a blog in so long much less posted in mine. Thanks for the pm. I'll have to catch up with everyone this summer.

In other jewelry news, I bought a gorgeous ruby ring off of ebay this week. Perhaps I'll share on the boards.

Kisses to you and that Iago fellow.

5:47 p.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I was going to say liked the setting of the L1000 with the stones from the LD6080. Because I thought the pink was very you, and I *really* liked that setting. I don't know how many times I've said this, but you have excellent taste in jewelry.

5:58 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Hey there.. anonymous... *racks brains trying to figure out who that would be.*

Errr, we're not sure what exactly is happening with the visas and thought we'd get the thesis finished first. So yeah, right now we're leaning towards getting married whenever that happens to work out with schedules and visas and... we don't really know.

*doh*

6:41 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Hey liz,
Sorry we didn't get down there this trip. Gosh a month goes fast! I'm off tomorrow morning and feeling all sad about that. But I hope to be back around soon!

6:41 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i really want a wedding band.

the one we listen to not the one we wear....

9:03 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I really think you picked the right one. I mean, OF COURSE you did, but it's my favorite too.

9:49 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i'm tagggggging you. with a meeeeeeeeme. it's on my site. :)

1:05 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

If I'd had a chance to reply before the edit, I'd have said that the second one was my favourite. And lo and behold! You have extremely good taste! ;)

2:52 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

So pretty!

Just like you. Hee.

7:59 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's bee-oo-ti-ful. Elegant. Loverly. I would say it's stunning, but I learned while in Newfoundland that to say someone is stunned is like saying they're retarded. Don't ever tell a Newfie they're a stunner!

Thanks for the PM. Shiny!

Kim

6:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home