Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Thesis Update

Hello all,

Okay so I just got my revisions back from the last prof. Err, he had thought it was due back to me on June 19th rather than 9th... But that was all okay as I actually ended up giving him a copy with a bunch of the changes suggested by my other two committee members so I got an edit on my latest copy. I hadn't input their more 'contentish' comments, but I did run through and quickly fix any formatting/grammar/style issues they pointed out.

So now I'm left with a few issues of content, citations, and the like. When I chatted with my final committee member today he said that the version he just read could go to defense as is. Any content comments he's made are purely suggestions and things I can feel free to add to make it better, but they are not necessary.

*boggles at the concept*

I made him repeat that a few times.

I was like, 'okay this is good to go right now. to defense. and be done.'

He was like 'yeah, totally. good job.'

So with that said, I'm going to work on it for the next few days and my goal is to set it free monday. This also means I'll have to get my table of contents, title page, yadda yadda pissy stuff done too.

Hmm. I think I might just finish this.

I'm off to try and make myself do a few last modifications and get going on the other nit-picking items. Not to mention looking up the requirements for handing in the defense copy to the dean's office. Weird stuff like it has to be printed in a certain way and then shrink wrapped by copy services - but not on acid free paper (like the final "to be bound" copy will have to be).

xoxox
jenn

10 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Monday. Wow. That's absolutely wonderful.

I had to go back and read the entry on the process...so once you hand it in, you have a defense scheduled within six weeks. What does the defense process entail?

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Woohoo!

That is fantabulous news! I am so proud of you.

I still wish someone had written on it with lipstick...

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Yay!!!! (Doing a little dance for the Thesis Goddess that you are)

8:15 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you!

9:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantabulous news, Jenn! Um so...when you find out about all the stupid requirements for submission, will you let me know? I imagine it's the same for all departments. I could ask my supervisor but she's allergic to returning my emails.

10:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was wondering where the word 'fantabulous' came from - I've never used it once in my life and it just typed its way through my fingers just now. So I copied from allison - hehe...whoops.

10:36 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

Fantabooloo!

*much bouncing up and down of Bears*

OK Bye
Stompy

9:12 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeek! Congratulations! mind is boggling at all the little printign things- it was bad enough for essays, but a thesis?

Callie

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Hi Freya!

Apparently "fantabulous" is common enough to be in several dictionaries. It is a combination of "fantastic" and "fabulous"-which you probably figured out on your own.

I couldn't find any record of when it first appeared, so I will randomly assign the early 80s in San Francisco, because where else would the use of "fabulous" be so ubiquitous it would require a new variation?

7:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Abner said...

Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!
towing games | breast cancer pictures | hotels Louisville KY

6:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home