Thursday, June 09, 2005

Karma and Others.

A very funny, very wonderful woman named Karma died this past weekend (I knew from the WD -that online place where I met Jim and met many other wonderful people). This has left me very confused and emotionally exhausted. She was 32 and was pregnant with her second baby. Her first son is 19 months old. Her unborn baby died on friday and she passed away on saturday. There are interactions that stand out to me now. I remember her love of Little House on the Prarie, her wicked humour, and the post where I was asking people about getting a puppy and her reply was:

Ooo! Puppies! Yes! Squeal! *pop*

It just made me laugh. She made me laugh.

And now I'm totally in shock. It is something about her just going along in life about to have her second baby and being all excited and married and ... and we just think we're living life and having all these day to day worries and hang-ups and not thinking about 32yr old women suddenly not being here. And I feel so bad for her husband and her little boy. The WD is taking a collection towards her son's college fund rather than flowers.

And then a week before this another man I knew from the uni passed away suddenly. I had just seen him before leaving for nyc. He had a heart attack. No warning, nothing. I'm back home today and very aware of how he won't be up at the school and how his partner must be feeling and what a loss this is to everyone. He did such amazing work and really cared about his community and First Nations and children. And he's gone too.

And finally, my mom called me in nyc to say that Eugene - my childhood kitty - died. He was certainly getting older and everything. But being home today and cuddling with Chuck made me think of Eugene and what a damn fine kitty he was.

So I'm home, and I'm jet-lagged, and I'm missing Jim like all-get-out, and I've got work to do at the uni, and Coral went and bought "jenn" groceries for when I got home so there is soy milk and fruit and veggie and fish. She's a good roommate! And Chuck has been on me all morning. He's been driving his kitty nose into my neck rubbing my face with his head, and drooling like crazy. I'm a big huge allergic reaction disguised as a person right now. But I love it and I've missed his little nugget head. I'm going to try to not go up to the uni for a few days. If my other comments are in, I may run up and grab them and bring them back down. Maybe tomorrow I'll get up there for a while. So I'm home and I'm doing pretty good, all things considered. It has just been a bit of a strange time, is all.

xoxo to all,
jenn

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn, hope you're feeling okay. It's tough getting back into the swing of things, especially with such sadness. Hope Chuck cheers you up. Who passed away at the university? Anyone I know?

10:52 a.m.  
Blogger AngelaRae said...

*hug*

*squish*

*snuggle*


Be good to your self, eh?

11:18 a.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

{Big Hugs} to you and to the families and friends of the friends you lost.

{Another Big Hug}

12:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll join in with the huggles, squishes and making sure you take care of yourself.

Huggles, Callie

1:19 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i wasn't sure when mom was going to tell you about eugene passing away.. so i didn't say anything.

i just keep remembering how he used to get his head stuck in the little yogurt containers when we'd give him milk.

and that last april right before he must have gone away, he turned 15. he had a very very long life. and remember that mouse we busted him playing with which we then tried to turn into a pet?

anyway, sorry to hear about the losses. strangely enough jess and i just had a discussion about someone who we just found out has passed away in quite a mysterious way. it's odd when things all come at once eh?

anyway boo... you're in a vulnerable place for many many reasons... so be good to yourself. eat soy icecream. mmmmmmm. soy icecream.

1:34 p.m.  
Blogger Yonners said...

okay so now I'm crying in the CNC library. Great. Where's some kleenex for christs sake?

12:03 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

We were glad to hear that sleeping with a Bear was helpfoo. Even non-animoo Bears are great comfort.

And non-animoo Bears tend to run up less expense on your 'Merican 'Spress Card.

But don't tell Jim we said that--we don't want to give him any ideas.

Many Bear hugs,
All the Bears

7:45 a.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

It has been a strange time for all. [jennhug]

12:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home