Books
Tagged by Liz. Is books. Is good.
Number of books I own:
I have no IDEA whatsoever. But I think I actually have less than I've had in the past due to many moves over the past five years and trying to downsize of late. But there is almost an entire room of books of mine at the parents' place... and my books at the school... and my books in nyc and at home bedroom and home living room and home storage boxes in the basement. I dunno, 20?
Okay, something between 400 and 1000?
The last book I bought:
Ohh, I really like this book. It is called Jane Sexes it Up: True Confessions of Feminist Desire edited by Merri Lisa Johnson. From the back cover "from masturbation and pornography to stripping and prostitution. In this much-needed discussion on feminism and sex, the contributors reveal the rough edges of their individual experiences to expose the struggles women have when the messiness of sexuality is put under a feminist lens."
The last book I read:
Pretty much read on the very long trip from Vancouver to NYC, the last book I read was Ann-Marie MacDonald's Fall On You Knees (not to be confused in any way with the topic of the book above). An amazing novel, a beautiful novel. I mean it, if you've not read her work GO READ IT NOW!
Five books that mean a lot to me:
Hmmm, this always seems to shift depending on my mood and my memory. Like trying to pick out my favorite songs or singers or albums... I think I've got it down and then someone puts on Lion and the Cobra and I'm like 'ohhh, this is my favorite album ever!'
With that said...
The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay.
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley.
Elfquest Books 1-4 by Richard and Wendy Pini.
Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson. Okay, this one has to be rather important as it actually became the focus of my thesis.
A Bunch of other books about feminism and people and how we all form relationships and theory and class and poverty and oppression and strategies and hope and love and family and other stuff.
I'm not tagging people any more. If you'd like to do this meme, please do!
Number of books I own:
I have no IDEA whatsoever. But I think I actually have less than I've had in the past due to many moves over the past five years and trying to downsize of late. But there is almost an entire room of books of mine at the parents' place... and my books at the school... and my books in nyc and at home bedroom and home living room and home storage boxes in the basement. I dunno, 20?
Okay, something between 400 and 1000?
The last book I bought:
Ohh, I really like this book. It is called Jane Sexes it Up: True Confessions of Feminist Desire edited by Merri Lisa Johnson. From the back cover "from masturbation and pornography to stripping and prostitution. In this much-needed discussion on feminism and sex, the contributors reveal the rough edges of their individual experiences to expose the struggles women have when the messiness of sexuality is put under a feminist lens."
The last book I read:
Pretty much read on the very long trip from Vancouver to NYC, the last book I read was Ann-Marie MacDonald's Fall On You Knees (not to be confused in any way with the topic of the book above). An amazing novel, a beautiful novel. I mean it, if you've not read her work GO READ IT NOW!
Five books that mean a lot to me:
Hmmm, this always seems to shift depending on my mood and my memory. Like trying to pick out my favorite songs or singers or albums... I think I've got it down and then someone puts on Lion and the Cobra and I'm like 'ohhh, this is my favorite album ever!'
With that said...
The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay.
The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley.
Elfquest Books 1-4 by Richard and Wendy Pini.
Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson. Okay, this one has to be rather important as it actually became the focus of my thesis.
A Bunch of other books about feminism and people and how we all form relationships and theory and class and poverty and oppression and strategies and hope and love and family and other stuff.
I'm not tagging people any more. If you'd like to do this meme, please do!


2 Comments:
Loooove the Blue Sword!!
I'm not sure I could answer this one, it's too hard!
Callie
Post a Comment
<< Home