Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Blah blah, on a jetplane

So I'm going to see Jim as we really need to see each other. I have decided to share my little airline brain-explosion question. I need to get the Westjet Tickets by tonight.
The rest of this is copied from my post in Testing:

Okay, so I've booked a flight from van to nyc return. We've got me leaving van at 2:10pm and arriving at nyc 1:44am. What can you do... Then I'm returning with a flight leaving at 7am from nyc, arriving at 1:20pm vancouver time. I'm trying to co-ordinate my flights to/from van to my house with my local good ol' airline. I don't know this other airline I'm flying with - America West.

So the first co-ordination is as follows. I can leave my town on a flight at 7:30am into van at 8:30am. Now, I know my airline and they are pretty good. They also have a flight 10:30am - 11:30am. I think 11:30am is enough time to make the 2:10pm international flight - but now I'm thinking I will probably have to clear customs in Vancouver for this us flight. And I'll have to check my luggage with the first flight so I'll have under three hours to get my bags, get up and check in with America West, and get through customs. Kinda pushing it a bit.

Okay, coming home. America West claims the arrival time in Van to be 1:20pm. There is a flight home from there at 3:20 and one at 7pm. I sure do want to take the 3:20 flight. It is domestic so I only need to check in 60min prior to flight (okay, and truth be known I can really get it done in 45min). This means the American West flight could be upto an hour late and I'd be okay. Oh, and it is a stupid connecting flight unto itself in, like, Texas or something. So what this means is I've really got two flights that could potentially bugger up. Anyhoo - I really don't want to take the 7pm home as that is becoming a barfy long day.. but should I? I mean, whatever.. It is going to be full days of travel. Oh, and the local airline has a $45 "bump" fee where if my AWA flight is late they'll just bump me to the next flight for $45.

What Flights Should I Take?

Cutting it close: 10:30am down, 3:20pm back
Lots of time (bordom): 7:30am down, 7pm back
Alt combo: 10:30am down, 7pm back
Alto combo: 7:30am down, 3:20pm back


Welcome to my brain.

Oh, and I should mention that I've already bought my America West tickets so that isn't able to change. Anyone who for whatever reason suddenly finds amazing last minute deals from van to nyc please don't tell me as that will just make me sad. So the van-nyc is set.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:O

Wait, how did you get WD icons in your Blog? And moving too!

[/jealous]

I replied, with the earlier outbound and early afetrnoon homebound [up]

Callie

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

ohmygod, I have no idea how I did that. I should probably take them out as they might do something weird like steal bandwidth.

Eep!

12:08 p.m.  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Wait, wait, wait!

Are you flying in to NYC and then back to Vancouver on the SAME DAY? If so, that's just nuts. Please say it ain't so.

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

I definitely vote for the cutting it close option, but keep in mind that I'm a less anxious traveller than you and I did miss a flight once — they just bumped me to the next one and didn't charge me anything. Maybe the tears helped. Did I say I was less anxious? Hmmm... Anyway, call me crazy, but it doesn't seem like you're cutting it so close. I mean if you had a hour inbetween (like I did) I'd be worried. I think it'll be fine. You don't want to hang out in the freakin' airport all day.

3:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Adolph said...

Thanks for the post, really effective info.
fuck you quotes | sexy lady | fuck you quotes

1:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Archibald said...

Pretty helpful data, thanks so much for this article.
horny wives | orange jumpsuit | Costa Rica airport

10:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home