Saturday, April 09, 2005

Thesis Update

Today I came up to the uni. Yes, on saturday. *sigh* - I'm so going to go buy myself one new piece of make-up for a reward at actually getting up here today.

So I worked from 10-2 on chapter two and I've managed to complete today's goal. I went through the chapter and altered it so it was more fitting to my current thesis. Chapter two was my first chapter and it really reads as heavy social sciences. I went through and altered the tone to more indicate my current humanities bent. It was too.. too.. "The current structure of the state legislative machinery..." and top-down and prescriptive. So I went through the entire chapter and changed a whole lot of the "legislation" and "Law" comments to more reflect the ideas of legal narratives and identitity construction interacting with literature.

As well, I manged to cut it down from 28 pages to 21! Whole paragraphs got skimmed and then turfed. They just don't work anymore or they needed too much time to get them where I wanted them.

I'm not able to put down any numbers for the actual editing of this chapter as I still really need to do that. But boy it is going to go a whole lot quicker. As well, aside from one section about 1 1/2 pages long, it is all in paragraph form. The one page of mess is my attempt to trace canadian legislation from the 1700s forward. I know a whole lot of that is going to become a huge footnote with the vibe of "yeah, you wanna know all this? go see these authors" - but I needed to get through the chapter to see how much I'll keep of that stuff.

Oh, and I expect these blog entries will quickly become (or have already) horribly boring to read. No worries and don't feel you have to comment on each one unless you really want to. They are just very motivational to me and also, I'm sure, a bit handy to some key people who are tracking this final thesis sprint *hi mom!*

I'm off to the gym and then heading home to meet up with a friend and watch Garden State.

xoxo
jenn

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well done, and damnit I want to watch Garden State! *sob*

Callie

4:14 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

I write entries like this about the novel I'm writing. I fear that I am boring the piss out of everyone, but I have to write them. For me.

Keep doing what you're doing!

5:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Garry said...

To my mind every person have to read it.
Italy recipes

11:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home