Links, Dancing Queen, and Crusty Tubes of Lipstick
So I've got some links on the side. Anyone thinking of something else that would be fun please let me know the link (and please note I've included both Glamour magazine and a cultural theory website as fun... so obviously there is a range). I'd really be quite interested in anything else that is fun/fashion and more pop culturey ones.
And me mom arrived up here yesterday afternoon (staying at sister's place) so we've had a chance to visit. I [heart] my mom and I'm very very happy she is here! Is all great except she seems to have brought a snow storm with her so it has been going non-stop all day. First day of spring my ass. In preparation I've logged into the uni remote server and downloaded my latest chapter-work and transfered it over to my laptop. I'm not sure that I'll get to it today, but if tomorrow looks rather yuck I might just stick around the house.
Went out dancing last night for the first time in ages, it seems. Coral and I went with some friends and danced up a storm. Errr, my hip flexors are killing me today and I think a session of yoga might be necessary to stetch me out again a bit. But yea-gods we had fun. Today has been one of those lovely mellow days were mom and I went for coffee at 8:30 and I"ve been home since 10:30 and just puttered a bit. Did some laundry and did a bathroom closet purge. Dear god, how much lipstick do I really need? And I know I'll never wear certain shades of nail polish/eyeshadow/blush or old perfume/hair product/ etc...
I gain a very strange, very powerful feeling of satisfaction when I throw out a garbage bag filled with older half-used no-longer-loved things. If possible the stuff goes to the Salvation Army - but in this case it was pure and instant purge. I always feel a bit lighter. And a bit closer to being able to pick up and move when the time comes.
*bouncy bouncy*
XoXo (especially to Simon)
Jenn
And me mom arrived up here yesterday afternoon (staying at sister's place) so we've had a chance to visit. I [heart] my mom and I'm very very happy she is here! Is all great except she seems to have brought a snow storm with her so it has been going non-stop all day. First day of spring my ass. In preparation I've logged into the uni remote server and downloaded my latest chapter-work and transfered it over to my laptop. I'm not sure that I'll get to it today, but if tomorrow looks rather yuck I might just stick around the house.
Went out dancing last night for the first time in ages, it seems. Coral and I went with some friends and danced up a storm. Errr, my hip flexors are killing me today and I think a session of yoga might be necessary to stetch me out again a bit. But yea-gods we had fun. Today has been one of those lovely mellow days were mom and I went for coffee at 8:30 and I"ve been home since 10:30 and just puttered a bit. Did some laundry and did a bathroom closet purge. Dear god, how much lipstick do I really need? And I know I'll never wear certain shades of nail polish/eyeshadow/blush or old perfume/hair product/ etc...
I gain a very strange, very powerful feeling of satisfaction when I throw out a garbage bag filled with older half-used no-longer-loved things. If possible the stuff goes to the Salvation Army - but in this case it was pure and instant purge. I always feel a bit lighter. And a bit closer to being able to pick up and move when the time comes.
*bouncy bouncy*
XoXo (especially to Simon)
Jenn


8 Comments:
I too had a huge purge before I moved, coming over here with just 7 suitcases of stuff. (I do still have a wardrobe full in my parents' spare room, though.) Heath didn't have all that much when I moved in, either, because he'd always had room mates who provided most of the furniture. Two and a half years later, I look around our apartment and itch at how full it is, and wish for a house.
I feel like I need one of those purges myself. Or, at the very least, to start using my nail polish again...
I have random purges, but when I do, they're big.
Dancing queen indeed!
Callie
I would love to go dancing...it's been far too long.
On the purging front, I took a bag of too-big-for-me clothing to the Value Village this weekend. It felt wonderful!
This sounds like a job for.....
Clean Sweep!!
:-)
Suggestions? Ummm...Buffy Guide?
I'm such a hoarder. I had a purge when I moved last month, but I still have piles and piles of crap that I can't bring myself to throw away. I have old Christmas cards and birthday cards from years gone by, uni notes that I haven't looked at for years, clothes that I keep because I'm clinging on to that hope that one day I might, just might fit into them again! ;)
Well, I've gotten better at getting rid of paper stuff. I'm allowed one box of "keepsakes" for anything really worth looking at later. As for the clothes, something that has helped out is taking them into consignment as then I get money for them. Otherwise, I just use the one year rule. If I've not used something in some way in the past year, it goes. That gives room for seasons and weather and mood.
Post a Comment
<< Home