Well look at me go!
I'm trying to avoid that thing I do. That thing where I think of fifteen things I should blog about but then don't, so I end up not blogging about anything as I've made a list which actually ends up limiting.
Yeah. So I'm just going with whatever happens here.
I'm home. Home home this time. And I've had many Chuck the Cat snuggles. And seen many friends so far. And had some amazing reactions to my ring which makes me all girly-happy. And some simply wonderful reactions to my engagement which has been so sweet. And Cali made me cry with the conversation about how happy she is for me and how sad we both are about me leaving, but we know we'll be just fine as we've just got one of those kinds of friendships which will travel the distance just fine! And so many friends and so many wonderful converstations over the past two days.
So I got groceries.
*wink*
And I have to share with you all my dinner I made myself tonight (Coral was out). I made fresh salsa (tomatoes, red and green peppers, red onion, garlic, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, chilis, salt and pepper); baked potatoes (rubbed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with big rock salt) - broiled for the last five minutes to crisp the skins; and a wild sockeye salmon fillet broiled with a little olive oil, red onion, and lemon juice. All seved over a bed of spinach leaves with a little plain yogurt on the side.
I was so impressed with myself.
And now I'm tired and thinking about how much of my "Mega-List" I've gotten done for settling in so far. Tomorrow I will get my files ready to transfere up to the uni computer, get my hair cut, and have a visit with Cali and the monster baby. Friday I'm heading up to school "for real" as opposed to the past two days of unreal (read: fun chit-chats) and we'll see if we can't get this thesis finished up!
XoXo to all,
Jenn
Yeah. So I'm just going with whatever happens here.
I'm home. Home home this time. And I've had many Chuck the Cat snuggles. And seen many friends so far. And had some amazing reactions to my ring which makes me all girly-happy. And some simply wonderful reactions to my engagement which has been so sweet. And Cali made me cry with the conversation about how happy she is for me and how sad we both are about me leaving, but we know we'll be just fine as we've just got one of those kinds of friendships which will travel the distance just fine! And so many friends and so many wonderful converstations over the past two days.
So I got groceries.
*wink*
And I have to share with you all my dinner I made myself tonight (Coral was out). I made fresh salsa (tomatoes, red and green peppers, red onion, garlic, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, chilis, salt and pepper); baked potatoes (rubbed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with big rock salt) - broiled for the last five minutes to crisp the skins; and a wild sockeye salmon fillet broiled with a little olive oil, red onion, and lemon juice. All seved over a bed of spinach leaves with a little plain yogurt on the side.
I was so impressed with myself.
And now I'm tired and thinking about how much of my "Mega-List" I've gotten done for settling in so far. Tomorrow I will get my files ready to transfere up to the uni computer, get my hair cut, and have a visit with Cali and the monster baby. Friday I'm heading up to school "for real" as opposed to the past two days of unreal (read: fun chit-chats) and we'll see if we can't get this thesis finished up!
XoXo to all,
Jenn


3 Comments:
That sounds a very good meal, go you! Is Jim rubbing off on you? Everytime he mentions meals he's cooked, it's something fancy like what you just mentioned.
Give Chuck a snuggle for me too.
And those friendships are the ones to cherish [kiss]
Callie
I keep a list of things to blog about, but I have never gotten around to blogging about them. Everything I have on there seems like too much work, so I end up writing about things much more mundane and less intellectual. Which is all well, because my 'intellectual' posts get much fewer responses. [shrug]
you made me cry too.....its a bad thing, crying cause you are happy and sad at the same time.
lol
C
Post a Comment
<< Home