Wednesday, March 30, 2005

*Barrrrrrrrrf*

So roomie and I go out for dinner tonight. I ate half of mine and got half to go. I still feel like I'm going to barf-o-rama. I'm turning into such a light-weight. It is quite sad. I mean, it wasn't even like I made a choice to get half to go and then felt like I ate a comfortable amount. No. I thought it looked like a normal amount of food and that I'd just eat it like everyone else in the restaurant. Gah. Leone is right. I'm totally becoming a weirdo.

So this is day three of me getting up at 6am to do yoga before doing to school. Yep. Six. A. M.

Add to that my running three times a week, two sessions with weights, and I'm hoping to add two evenings of pilates.

So this is kinda what I do now. I get up early, am in bed by 10pm, eat whole grains, 3L of water a day, soy milk, tofu and beans, veggies, bran muffins, and fruit. I pointed out this dude wearing horrid running shorts who was running the uni hill and told Leone two things: 1) if I start running the uni hill please push me over the edge and 2) if I start wearing dorky orange running shorts that flap like that guy's were - again with the off the edge of the hill please. That will be my sign I've really crossed over to the dark side. I mean, all this is fine as long as I'm still wearing a pink sweater with a cute kittie purse to match while going out for a dinner I can't finish. And the running is good as long as I'm still wearing cute running pants with matching shirt and kicky runners. But the moment I start trading fashion for health, I've GONE TOO FAR!!

It is important to keep an eye on priorities.

With that said, my thesis is progressing, but it feels like forever. I'm attempting to "conceptualise the entire framework" and create flow and cohesion throughout all the chapters. It feels like hosting a party with seven very different guests. And there isn't enough booze. But we're getting there.

Once that is done I think I'll be able to address each chapter with some fine tuning towards a complete cohesive draft.

My goal is to finish this mapping by the end of this week. And then to have two weeks for each chapter. I'm aiming for then end of May/ mid June. Then I'd hope to hand it off for final revision comment from committee. No idea how long after that as they are the wildcard factors. Shall keep you posted.

Very good. I'm off to put out my clothes for tomorrow, make my lunch, pack up my bag for the morning, and ponder when I became a freak.
xoxo
jenn

7 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Ma'am, you are not a freak. No Sir! The living proof is that guy with the orange running shorts...

2:55 a.m.  
Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

You are definately not a freak, in the way that I would describe freaky people...for example, when I think of freaky people, 'Jenn'doesn't pop to mind. Now sometimes, you can BE freaky, that's a totally different thing, like actually CHOOSING to get up at 6am is being freaky to me- but then consider the context- I think thats freaky because all I want to do, is to be able to choose when I get out of bed and not have a 15 month old decide that for me..other than that- nope not a lot of freakness going on, a fair amount of pink - but no freak..
lol

10:11 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger error deleted my first comment.

Brief reconstruction- I'd love to do as much as you do peanut, but considering when I have to get up and when I get home, I'm normally just wanting some me time, of TV and internet. After getting home and having tea, it's 8pm usually before it's gone down enough for me to exercise. I tend to go to bed around 11pm...

Maybe I can get a pilates routine or yoga or something to do while watching TV, that'd be cool. Or I keep meaning to try and get my own Tae Bo routine, to music (or even TV but I doubt that, you need a beat for Tae Bo really).

And yes you're freaky sweets- everyone is, but the important thing is that we're the good freaky- the kooky, funny, loveable freaky. Now orange shorts-wearing running up hill is the bad freaky. That way lies the fashion police and shortness of breath.

*nibbles*

Callie

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

I should be clear. I am not certain I'm actually awake when I start the yoga *grin*

But yeegads I'm up by the end! This morning trying to hold Plank and then slowly lower myself down for cobra in the fourth run of the Sun Salutation I thought I was going to wake up Coral with my shaking of the foundations of the house as I flopped onto my gut.

Oooufff!

12:24 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i was on such a kick with that urban yoga last summer that i was doing it daily. now i just look over at the dvd player in the morning while i drink coffee.

ha ha you are now officially more of a freak than i am!!!

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger allison said...

Fashion vs. Fitness.

Yes, you definitely have your priorities straight. Whew! I was a bit worried after hearing about the 6am madness.

Yes! Madness, I say!!!

Still, I am very proud of you. Now when are you coming back to Toronto so we can go shopping for pretty dresses???

12:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Algernon said...

Quite worthwhile information, lots of thanks for your post.
computer learning | pictures of flowers | nursing schools

5:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home