Thursday, March 03, 2005

Yeah, why don't we all live in Vancouver?

Since arriving I've been able to pack away my winter coat. I expect I'll pull it out upon returning home on monday *doh* - but for now it is nice to wander about in a sweater or light jacket.

So Julia and I went for a run yesterday. She's doing the training for the Sun Run (10k) so I jumped right in where she was at in the training. The whole thing where you start off with run one minute, walk two minutes, do this 12 times.

Yeah, yesterday she was at Run five, Walk one, do this seven (or eight, I lost count) times. I made it through half with her and then switched to run three, walk three for the remainder. I've not run since that little bit with the treadmill in January. And today I had a tough time getting the spinach greens from the bottom of the fridge.... *bend the knees... bend them... don't topple over!*

I think I'd like to keep up with this when I get home. Although I'm unsure there will be the same level of tree blossoms and green grass going on.

*sigh*

14 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Ouch! Sounds like it made you hurt. That's bad. Good on your sister, though! Good luck to her.

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger Laura Barth said...

Oi! Why did I move to this frozen wasteland known as Toronto? I misses the blossomses and the grasses. I saw some yellow plastic flowers poking out of the snow today. Does that count?

By the way, don't topple over. It hurts :(

3:28 p.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Dear simon, you are right. Hurt bad. Sister's running good. Me running tomorrow at a slightly slower rate good.

And oh yes, it is lovely right now. I just spent the last hour sitting on the back porch in a tank top and jeans "working" on stuff.

And as for the falling over, my dear Laura, please no more of that. My heart and your head cannot take it, me thinks. But I hope you are feeling better!

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

That's more runing that I've ever been able to do. I#d like to try out this run one, walk two thing I've heard you mention, but I can't fund anywhere decent to run near my house, and I hate running in the street.

2:31 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:18 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Ohh zooey, so it shouldn't hit the minuses until.. I arrive home. *doh*

But still I'm glad to hear it has been nice there. I'm hoping to use the track. Like Eileen, I don't like running on the road. The track is much better. And bouncy!

9:19 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

And the deleted comment is me as I was logged in as my sister and that made no sense whatsoever for her to have said those things *wink*

9:19 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

ahhh, see there is no such thing as commenting too much! And yes, you will have to show me these other spaces to run as sometimes the track is too crowded or "sporty" for my taste.

10:15 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

I think when I start running again, I'm going to try that. Before, I'd just go as long as I could, walked until my side stopped hurting, and then ran the rest of the way, about a mile in total. I may be able to go longer if I try it that way.

I like to run in the park. The scenery is nice, there's a good variety of inclines, and it's a dirt path, so easy on the knees.

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

so first off, i think i should point out for the benefit of all those people who aren't residents of vancouver - this week has actually been quite cold and rainy compared to the month of sunshine we just had. jenn brought some of toronto with her. very bad.

second, the link for the training program is www.sportmedbc.com/Content/InTraining/Programs/Introduction.asp

i like it.

it makes me look all athletic and stuff.

2:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to start running. But it's so damn cold!

I'll think of some way [up]

Callie

6:26 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Yeah, I'm certainly not one of those ones out there in the freezing cold running along as others are bundled up in their parkas!

There must be some sun before I run outside. Otherwise it tends to be treadmill for me [/wuss].

11:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Garey said...

I fully match with whatever thing you have written.
solid wood exterior doors | dwarf trees | weather Vancouver bc

2:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Jordan said...

Little doubt, the dude is completely fair.
acne help | gold chains | natural supplements for anxiety

4:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home