Um, cows.
From the Globe and Mail, March 2:
I just found this to be worth sharing. No, I'm not certain why. And yes, I really do need to find a way to get the Globe and Mail when I'm in the States.
- cows can feel fear and anxiety and worry about the future
- cows form social groups within their herds, can dislike other cows, and can carry grudges for months or years.
- cows are highly sexual and will try and mount other cows who are in heat. And here's my favorite quote: "Cows look calm, but really they are gay nymphomaniacs" (John Webster, Brit proff on animal husbandry).
- cows like to solve intellectual puzzles like opening a door and their brainwaves get all excited, heartbeats increase, and some of them even jumped into the air. "We call it their Eureka moment" (Donald Broom, Cambridge proff of animal welfare).
I just found this to be worth sharing. No, I'm not certain why. And yes, I really do need to find a way to get the Globe and Mail when I'm in the States.


3 Comments:
omg... i am such a cow! although i've gotten better at not always mounting people
I wonder how they know what cows are thinking and feeling? Do you suppose they have a cow psychologist or psychic? Or does someone just look at the cow and say, "now there's a cow that's worried about the future."
Cow whispers- I knew they exsisted...and no doubt they are worried about their future, that semi-truck ride is a one way trip baby!
Post a Comment
<< Home