Right! Gotcha...
So ch 4 and I have been going for day two of the BIG BATTLE. And ch4 was soooo kicking my ass.
Now I know why. I was wrong. Chapter4 was having issues with me as I was trying to make it all be chatpter4. But see, only the first 2/3rds was actually ch4. The last 1/3 was the conclusion to the thesis. I'll be nixing what I had before. I've separated the sections and they are so happy about that. I'm so happy about that. We're all very happy. Even did a little happy dance about the office. People are used to this by now.
So yeah, ch4 was just really really making me so very very unhappy. It wasn't flowing and it was able to finish up. I couldn't build emphasis and there were these sections that were supposed to speak to the larger issues that just didn't fit properly. Now I know that ch4 is about naming and words and sexuality. And about replying to the coloniser's attempt to define Native women's sexuality. And about the power of names. And the legal implications of these identities.
THEN, in the conclusion, I can talk about the greater transformations taking place within these authors' texts.
So, I need to now- finally - write the framework around chapter4 which I'll try and do at home tomorrow. Then monday will be the editing. Tuesday will be the completion of the new conclusion (which is so rockin as I was not at all happy with the old conclusion) and hopefully the editing of that too.
It may take another day or two for converting it all into one file with the right style running throughout, etc etc... but I'm just so glad to have figured out what was going on with ch4.
Yay!
In other news Spike the Cat will be coming over to stay with us for a week. Chuck was a total little poop this morning so I think he knows something is up.
*roll eyes*
This should be interesting.
Now I know why. I was wrong. Chapter4 was having issues with me as I was trying to make it all be chatpter4. But see, only the first 2/3rds was actually ch4. The last 1/3 was the conclusion to the thesis. I'll be nixing what I had before. I've separated the sections and they are so happy about that. I'm so happy about that. We're all very happy. Even did a little happy dance about the office. People are used to this by now.
So yeah, ch4 was just really really making me so very very unhappy. It wasn't flowing and it was able to finish up. I couldn't build emphasis and there were these sections that were supposed to speak to the larger issues that just didn't fit properly. Now I know that ch4 is about naming and words and sexuality. And about replying to the coloniser's attempt to define Native women's sexuality. And about the power of names. And the legal implications of these identities.
THEN, in the conclusion, I can talk about the greater transformations taking place within these authors' texts.
So, I need to now- finally - write the framework around chapter4 which I'll try and do at home tomorrow. Then monday will be the editing. Tuesday will be the completion of the new conclusion (which is so rockin as I was not at all happy with the old conclusion) and hopefully the editing of that too.
It may take another day or two for converting it all into one file with the right style running throughout, etc etc... but I'm just so glad to have figured out what was going on with ch4.
Yay!
In other news Spike the Cat will be coming over to stay with us for a week. Chuck was a total little poop this morning so I think he knows something is up.
*roll eyes*
This should be interesting.


4 Comments:
Yes, sometimes separation is necessary in order for each to flourish and grow.
*nods sagely*
You're doing great sweetie! I'm so impressed with how much you've accomplished in the last week. You're almost there now. Yay Jen! RAH RAH RAH!!! heehee ... being a cheerleader is fun. Seriously, though, you go girl!
xoxoxoxo
Laura
Jenn, Jenn, she's our gal, if she can't do it....!!Keep going!!
Chuck AND Spike in the same space!!! OMG!! I hear Spawnkitties bite- are you insane???
lol
C
Well keep going with the hard thesis work, you're almost there! [pep talk]
And cor blimey- the two kitties together?
Get thee some thick trousers and gloves....
Callie
Post a Comment
<< Home