Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday- One Week

Okay, this post could just be for me and Min *wink* ( thanks for the comment!)

Yes, it has been one week. And today I just had another bouncy moment. I finally settled down to really really edit chapter two and kept having troubles sticking with it. Just felt like some sections were so *blah* and I wasn't sure how to work them into all the rest of my thesis. But, I printed off a key page of quotes from authors I've used throughout the rest of my thesis (hadn't found them yet when I was writting chapter two). Once I started working those through, the chapter just flew by and got very straight forward.

So despite the fact I thought it would take me until at least wednesday to really get this chapter finished, I just printed it off right now at quatre after two! On monday! So one week into this process and I've pretty much worked through half my thesis.

Oh, and I cut chapter two down to 20 pages (and just barely on that page 20), so I've some wiggle room if necessary later.

I am feeling pretty damned good.

Well, aside from one thing. My week reward was purchased yesterday. Revlon Colorstay Overtime Sheer. A lip stain plus gloss. I paid way more than I would usually for make-up. All excited as it is a stain that will last all day with light colour (pref to the darker colour of lipstick) and gloss for shine (I'm addicted to gloss). So excited. So happy that my reward was something I'd never usually buy for myself.

It pills.

*grumble*

The colour is pilling and not staying on nice. I'm totally peeved. I'll give it another go tomorrow, but if it doesn't buck up I'm sooo taking it back. And I had done the dry, clean lips with no moisturiser or anything on them to start.

I mean for the $12 I spent on it the damned stuff should out perform my Rimmel $5 sparkle gloss. And if it isn't going to work, I may as well just get that Lise Watier $19.99 eyeshadow I've been coveting for ages and that I know is amazing (my roommate buys it, but I'm too scared to start spending $20 on eyeshadow).

So Revlon, if you are reading this - I'm currently not a happy camper with you!

Er, but you are doing slightly better than Fresh Express. I found a horrid ugly bug in my salad yesterday from one of those prepackaged deals. IN MY BOWL AS I WAS EATING IT!! I mean gross. So gross. I took it to the store and they filled out a report. I felt better. I feel better when my complaints get reports. BECAUSE IT WAS A BUG! In my BOWL. *sigh* as I was eating...

*gah*

Needless to say we did not buy our usual three bags of ready-made salad yesterday. Which lost them $12. Which is the price of my lipgloss/stain. Ahh, the circle of life.

xoxo
jenn

12 Comments:

Blogger allison said...

Man, I totally want to leave a comment, but I am too pissed at Victorias Secret to even form the proper words.

Oh wait, I know.

Solidarity, sistah! *well-manicured fist in air*

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) WOOOOOOOO on the thesis editing! Big congrats.

2) Definitely complain about the lipstick, given what you spent.

3) Ewwwwww on the bug! I found a wasp in a fruit pastry recently, complained to the store and got my money back, £10 on the spot and another £10 later on when they wrote to me apologising and explaining how they thought the wasp has entered the food making process, and what they'd done to rectify this (I think).

I was well chuffed [grin]

Callie

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Annika said...

I buy the Max Factor stuff. The pretty brownish shade I wore at my wedding works perfectly. The pretty red shade I bought for other occasions? Nasty gunky bits all over my lips within an hour.

5:00 p.m.  
Blogger Eileen said...

1) Yay for you! Your thesis progress is brilliant!

2) My flatmate buys Mac eyeshadow at £20 a pop (which is roughly CAD$46) so I wouldn't worry too much about the stuff you want to buy. Saying that, I think she's insane, but....

3) Bug = Yeeeeeesh!

4:24 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda said...

You rock! You'll have this thesis whipped in no time.

6:12 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

What is with the lip stuff turning into gunky chunks? WHY???? *sigh* Today it has been only okay. Not as bad as yesterday, but still fairly pilly. I brought the receipt with me as I'll return it on my way home if necessary. Bastard lip stuff.

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger jenn said...

Oh MAC rocks the free world! That is actually one of my comparison points. I'm like, if this Revlon crap isn't going to work I'd just as soon save up and buy all my make-up from MAC. I'd have less make-up, but it would be sweeeeeeet make-up.

10:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic progress!

Shame about the lippy but I say get the eye shadow! Yes.

Eeeeeeeeee! Bug! Not good. Yickyoo.

~ Simon

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

[wave]

Your circle of life had me laughing way too hard. Excellent.

10:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lipstick is crap!! If you haven't taken it back yet...run...do it now...it does not get any better!!

Yay to you on your thesis progress!


Sarah

10:38 a.m.  
Blogger Julia said...

i just save up and buy mac. it is soooo worth it.

8:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Conrad said...

Thanks so much for the post, very helpful info.
postal codes Toronto | bed and breakfast newyork | solid wood exterior doors

12:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home