Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hrmmph.

I dunno. I think I might have actually gotten a fair bit done yesterday but it doesn't feel like it. Horrid headache that lasted into the evening. On the good end of things, two little girls standing at the door asking for donations to a bottle drive. Started to tell me what it was for - I didn't care. All I cared about was cleaning out that back room. They got almost two black garbage bags full of bottles. Their eyes were round when I brought out the first bag, let alone when I said if they waited I had more. You could just see them running back to the mini-van and crying out "mom, we're done for the evening! Turn this baby around!"

All I could think was - geeze, we might actually be able to get into our back mudroom now. Whoo!

So thesis chapter three eh? It is now called that. Well, the file still says chapter four but we all know it is now chapter three. Anyhoo, I'm on page 8 of 29. But hasn't been super edits. I'm doing a sweep of revisions from my supervisor (handed back at a prelim stage) and some of my own minor editing. Mainly just trying to cut stuff out. Stupid passive voice. Really, it is like I have a disorder or something. I think it is just polite canadian talk.

Alrighty then. Today's goals are to finish up this quick sweep of the chapter and hopefully cut another couple pages. Like seven or so.

Oh, and everyone should go visit Spike's blog. He is one crazy bloggin kitty.

xoxo
jenn

6 Comments:

Blogger Amethyst Anne said...

I so get headaches..I am sorry.. Spike is one cool kitty. We need to get together soon. Let's figure out a day.
Stay on target- you are so rockin!
*hugs*

3:14 p.m.  
Blogger The Bears said...

I think passive voice is difficoo. Sometimes we are sure something happened, but very hard to tell who did it. Much easier just to say, for examploo, Jim's 'Merican 'Spress Card got used to buy caaaandy, not worry so much who used it.

OK Bye
Stompy

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Mindi Scott said...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I couldn't spot a passive voice if it hit me with a truck...

10:17 p.m.  
Blogger Simon said...

Pants. I hate headaches! Hopin' it goes away soon.

[hugs]

10:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo, go Mgan!

I forgot what else I wanted to say- I have short term memory problems sometimes [doh]

Callie


Oh- I did visit Spike the kitty's Blog once- fairly recently [up]

1:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Abel said...

Pretty effective information, lots of thanks for the article.
here | site | here

5:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home