Okay...
it is now official: my comments section is totally more amusing than my actual posts! *lmao* Thesis Fear Factor? OHMYGOD, that is too funny! I almost just need to cut and paste that into its own blog entry!
For the record, I might have outfits that tend to show off my chest and all - but I don't wear tube tops! Well, not yet.
So I went to a thesis defense yesterday and today. Very good moves, on my part. I've been making a point of going to some lately in order to really make the process known to me. Today's was excellent. And I'm feeling really good about it all. This one pretty much had my entire crew as the same committee so I got to see what kinds of questions they asked and so on. Excellent. And the student was great. She was motivational. Her use of feminist theory was a reminder to me of why I'm doing this work. So *thumbs up* to that use of my morning time. We then went for lunch which I did go to today despite my time crunch. My supervisor has been the supervisor on both yesterday and today's thesis defenses and both times she asked me to come out to lunch. I didn't go yesterday and she teased me about working too hard. Today I decided it was a good idea to go despite my desire to get back up to the office to work. I'm glad I did go as it is important to take that time (sometimes). But now I'm hoping to put in a good three hours before heading home and then meeting my friend for a run tonight.
xoxo
jenn
For the record, I might have outfits that tend to show off my chest and all - but I don't wear tube tops! Well, not yet.
So I went to a thesis defense yesterday and today. Very good moves, on my part. I've been making a point of going to some lately in order to really make the process known to me. Today's was excellent. And I'm feeling really good about it all. This one pretty much had my entire crew as the same committee so I got to see what kinds of questions they asked and so on. Excellent. And the student was great. She was motivational. Her use of feminist theory was a reminder to me of why I'm doing this work. So *thumbs up* to that use of my morning time. We then went for lunch which I did go to today despite my time crunch. My supervisor has been the supervisor on both yesterday and today's thesis defenses and both times she asked me to come out to lunch. I didn't go yesterday and she teased me about working too hard. Today I decided it was a good idea to go despite my desire to get back up to the office to work. I'm glad I did go as it is important to take that time (sometimes). But now I'm hoping to put in a good three hours before heading home and then meeting my friend for a run tonight.
xoxo
jenn


2 Comments:
I gotta admit, thesis defence sounds scary.
Have fun with work and running!
Just the word 'defence' makes it sound skeery... I have to defend my theory against the attacking professor hoardes!
Eeep [wibble]
Good luck!
Callie
Post a Comment
<< Home