Another boring thesis post
Really, I'm to the point where I think ch4 should get its own little sub-tracking section.
*le sigh*
I had kinda a *meh* start today to this gastly ch4, then it picked up for about... two hours or so. Went really really well and I was so happy to get my framework figured out for the chapter, modified some sections, etc. But now I'm back to the blah's over it. I think it has progressed huge amounts today, but I think I got a bit depressed when I sat back and skimmed through it just now. Again - so much was done on it today which was all very very positive movement .. but I'm struck by how much it still needs. I'm trying to just think "well, keep on it and it will get done" - but I'm slipping into these not-helpful thoughts about how much there is and now I wasn't really done this chapter and I shouldn't have been thinking it was even close to being done and this could take me another week or so.
But really, so what? It will still be in ahead of schedule even if it did take another week. I mean, May 3rd was my goal and today is only the 18th. Silly rabbit. But I had been feeling so woooohooo for the past week and wasn't expecting the *wammo* from left field on this one. I think today was good - but I think today I really realised I have to still essentially WRITE chapter four in so many ways.
But oh well - what can you do? I had a number of very nice 'ah-ha!' moments today and I'm very happy with the building emphasis now running through the chapter. I shall put in another hour on it today and then see if I might go home, finish making my soup from last night, and meet my friend for a run after dinner.
Back at it tomorrow. Hope to make some further progress. Yup.
And in other news, Spike has decided that Coral is evil. He might have to add her to his list. And Spike and Chuck have not stopped running for two days. I picked up Chuck yesterday and he fell asleep within seconds. Kinda like "oh god, can I stop running now??" *snoooore*
Ativan thinks it is the best thing ever. Chuck is too distracked with Spike to even think about chasing her. This morning I came out and she was sleeping on the couch, Chuck was in Spike's bed, and Spike was on Chuck's scratching post. I have no idea who was pulling a fast one on whom with that set-up.
xoxo
jenn
*le sigh*
I had kinda a *meh* start today to this gastly ch4, then it picked up for about... two hours or so. Went really really well and I was so happy to get my framework figured out for the chapter, modified some sections, etc. But now I'm back to the blah's over it. I think it has progressed huge amounts today, but I think I got a bit depressed when I sat back and skimmed through it just now. Again - so much was done on it today which was all very very positive movement .. but I'm struck by how much it still needs. I'm trying to just think "well, keep on it and it will get done" - but I'm slipping into these not-helpful thoughts about how much there is and now I wasn't really done this chapter and I shouldn't have been thinking it was even close to being done and this could take me another week or so.
But really, so what? It will still be in ahead of schedule even if it did take another week. I mean, May 3rd was my goal and today is only the 18th. Silly rabbit. But I had been feeling so woooohooo for the past week and wasn't expecting the *wammo* from left field on this one. I think today was good - but I think today I really realised I have to still essentially WRITE chapter four in so many ways.
But oh well - what can you do? I had a number of very nice 'ah-ha!' moments today and I'm very happy with the building emphasis now running through the chapter. I shall put in another hour on it today and then see if I might go home, finish making my soup from last night, and meet my friend for a run after dinner.
Back at it tomorrow. Hope to make some further progress. Yup.
And in other news, Spike has decided that Coral is evil. He might have to add her to his list. And Spike and Chuck have not stopped running for two days. I picked up Chuck yesterday and he fell asleep within seconds. Kinda like "oh god, can I stop running now??" *snoooore*
Ativan thinks it is the best thing ever. Chuck is too distracked with Spike to even think about chasing her. This morning I came out and she was sleeping on the couch, Chuck was in Spike's bed, and Spike was on Chuck's scratching post. I have no idea who was pulling a fast one on whom with that set-up.
xoxo
jenn


3 Comments:
It is perfectly understandable to be a bit let down after things going so wonderfully up to chapter four. After catching up on my stalkage, it sounds like you're already beating it into submission.
*giggle* I can't help but think of the Rah, Rah Jenn parts of our collective comments in relation to Fear Factor- ( don't ask cause I don't know)
Thesis Fear Factor
Host: Well congratulations Jenn on completing edits on chapters, one through three, and defeating all of those before you.
Jenn: Why thank you ( pushing boobs up and out of small tiny tube top, cause apparently all the girls are built that way on the show).
Host: But Jenn, are you ready for your final challenge? The challenge for the grand prize, the end, the final draft?
Jenn: Yes! ( bouncing up and down, while seriously considering bitch slapping the host and enlightening him on sexist behaviour.)
Host: Well Jenn, for your last challenge you will have to integrate the remaining elements of chapter four while re-working the text thus creating a NEW Chapter fourt!
*gasps from the crowd*
AND, you will have to integrate parts of chapter four into the conclusion as well!
*more gasps from the crowd*
Are you ready Jenn?
Jenn: I am gonna kick some serious butt!
Host: Ok, when I say go, the clock is on, you sure you’re ready?
Jenn: Damn straight!!
Host: GO!
Tick, tock, tick, tock,
The crowd chimes in……GO JENN!!! WHOO HOO, ATTA GIRL, LOOK AT HER GO…
*papers whizzing by, fingers flying around the keyboard, a cat on her head, running, Pilates, yoga, typing editing, fingers flying..*
* the crowd watches in awe!*
Tick, tock tick, tock
TUNE IN TOMMOROW FOLKS FOR THE DRAMATIC CONCLUSION of THESIS FEAR FACTOR!!
Did I happen to mention that I am on T3's today?
*hugs*
Hee! You shall prevail, do not fear peanut.
Ra ra Jenn!
Callie
Post a Comment
<< Home