Completed Draft!
I just printed, copied, and handed out my completed First Draft of my thesis to my committee members! I am so tired I can't see straight (yes yes, there is an obvious joke there, I know). Stayed up a fair bit of last night to just get this thing done and now I'm that barfy-tired. But done. Done enough for right now at least. There should be anywhere from a week to six weeks till they get this draft back to me. And then we shall see where we go from there. I'm so freaked they'll be like "errr, about the whole last half... it is shite. redo"
I'm hoping for "wow, this is so good we have no suggestions. Let's just take this baby to the defence shall we?"
*le sigh*
Resisted to urge to re-read it all again today. I came in and have only done the specific tasks I noted last night. Did em and it is done. There are errors. This is something I know to be true. But this is a draft and they just might tell me to remove a whole section so no point in going insane. And if I keep re-reading it, I'll never hand it in.
But I handed it in. Ended up being 107 pages with bibliography. Actual text- 99 pages baby! Yeah!
I'm going to go have a bit of lunch downstairs with the girlfriends. I'm unsure as to what I'll do with myself for the next bit. Right now a coffee and lunch sounds good *wink*
xoxoxo
special kisses and hugs to Dani, Jim, Leone, and Julia for their editing help. So much thanks. So very very much!
jenn
I'm hoping for "wow, this is so good we have no suggestions. Let's just take this baby to the defence shall we?"
*le sigh*
Resisted to urge to re-read it all again today. I came in and have only done the specific tasks I noted last night. Did em and it is done. There are errors. This is something I know to be true. But this is a draft and they just might tell me to remove a whole section so no point in going insane. And if I keep re-reading it, I'll never hand it in.
But I handed it in. Ended up being 107 pages with bibliography. Actual text- 99 pages baby! Yeah!
I'm going to go have a bit of lunch downstairs with the girlfriends. I'm unsure as to what I'll do with myself for the next bit. Right now a coffee and lunch sounds good *wink*
xoxoxo
special kisses and hugs to Dani, Jim, Leone, and Julia for their editing help. So much thanks. So very very much!
jenn


8 Comments:
Oh! Whoop whoop indeed!
Big honking congratulations on the draft!
Now sleep ;-)
Callie
...and now that we are back from commercial ...
Thesis Fear Factor
Host(Yelling uncontrolably): Jenn, Jenn, you are one crazy girl, not only did you whoop chapters one through four, but you also rewrote AND edited the whole thesis!! You are a monster- How did you do it
Jenn: I just dug deep I knew that I would be a b l e....zzzzzz(falls asleep)
Host: Apparently Thesis Fear is not a factor for you..... but sleep deprivation may be....
Sleep, rest, yoga, baths, eating caaandy!
oh yeah and a Whooo hooo and a you kicked some serious butt!! We are all very proud of you!!
*hugs*
C
My suggestion: Celebratory sushi!
Congrats!
Sleep. Break. NO EDIT. It's you time and you've earned it.
Wooohooooo!!!
You totally deserve a looooong sleep, much sushi and many, many kisses.
Perhaps the last will have to be virtual, but heartfelt nonetheless.
[kiss]
Big hugs and a victory dance to you, sweetie!
Oh, congrats! Best of luck! :-)
I'm not really familiar with the process. What happens after this part?
Well done! I recommend sleep for the next little bit. Sleep is a highly underrated past time.
Post a Comment
<< Home