Is Snowy
Is very very snowy. Started yesterday. Poor Jim had to walk home after class as he's doing a course this weekend and they ran late and there was extra to do with people staying at the centre due to the snow and then the snow for walking home. He came in looking a little frozen and popsicled.
And then he headed out this morning with his jacket done up tight and his lunch bag over his shoulder (thus prompting me to tell him to have a good day at school), and the snow was blowing like all get out. It is the damned wind, I tell ya. It actually isn't still snowing but it seems like it is because the wind just keeps blowing the snow off the roofs and stuff so it may as well be snowing.
And the fellow across the street who kept sweeping the front walk all day long (sometimes having trouble moving all the snow with his broom and sometimes turning around when he was done and realising the whole section was totally covered over again and you couldn't see where he had swept) - well his spirit must be broken now.. or maybe his back.. because that one section which was worked on for hours and hours all day yesterday is the one section this morning with snow all over it. The rest of the block is clear.
*doh*
So I've finished my tea and I've tidied the kitchen and I'm in my yoga gear. Figure I'll do my yoga, have my shower, and then try for some thesis work today.
On the workout front, I've managed to combine yoga, cardio, pilates, and the treadmill at the scuzy hotel (for three days) to maintain between four and six sessions a week. Last week I got the six in and that felt pretty good.
I'm not feeling as good about getting in my thesis sessions - but this has been an ongoing battle. To really do work while travelling and visiting and all that. I'll see how it goes this week and hope to get back to a schedule that makes me feel positive about how much I'm doing.
But all in all, I'm working and I'm working out and I'm eating really well (even when at Jim's parents' - which can be hard to do).
Hugs to all,
jenn
And then he headed out this morning with his jacket done up tight and his lunch bag over his shoulder (thus prompting me to tell him to have a good day at school), and the snow was blowing like all get out. It is the damned wind, I tell ya. It actually isn't still snowing but it seems like it is because the wind just keeps blowing the snow off the roofs and stuff so it may as well be snowing.
And the fellow across the street who kept sweeping the front walk all day long (sometimes having trouble moving all the snow with his broom and sometimes turning around when he was done and realising the whole section was totally covered over again and you couldn't see where he had swept) - well his spirit must be broken now.. or maybe his back.. because that one section which was worked on for hours and hours all day yesterday is the one section this morning with snow all over it. The rest of the block is clear.
*doh*
So I've finished my tea and I've tidied the kitchen and I'm in my yoga gear. Figure I'll do my yoga, have my shower, and then try for some thesis work today.
On the workout front, I've managed to combine yoga, cardio, pilates, and the treadmill at the scuzy hotel (for three days) to maintain between four and six sessions a week. Last week I got the six in and that felt pretty good.
I'm not feeling as good about getting in my thesis sessions - but this has been an ongoing battle. To really do work while travelling and visiting and all that. I'll see how it goes this week and hope to get back to a schedule that makes me feel positive about how much I'm doing.
But all in all, I'm working and I'm working out and I'm eating really well (even when at Jim's parents' - which can be hard to do).
Hugs to all,
jenn


3 Comments:
Poor Jim- class on a Sunday?
And well done with all that you have achieved, it sounds an awful lot!
Callie
We like that Jenn works out a lot. When she does yoogoo and Pilatoo, we join in on the sofa.
We're getting ripped abs from all the pilatoo, and in touch with our inner Bears from the yoogoo.
OK Bye
Stompy
Hugs to you! Take lots of pictures of the snow, please. Then I can pretend we have some over here too!
Post a Comment
<< Home