Thank god for the treadmill
So I'm here at mom and dad's and I've managed to workout everyday since arriving. Not so much a 'whoohoo me' as a 'thank god this might hold off the rapid ass expansion' *doh*
Why does it suddenly become a sin to offer up any meal without a sugar coma worth of sweets along side? My mom keeps asking why I'm not going out more and it is because at least at home I can keep myself sane. I mean, I don't set up each meal with a full PLATTER of treats - unlike everywhere else I've gone in the last week. *sigh* Not that I'm really complaining all that much. Okay, it looks like I am - but it is with a bit of a grin and rolling of the eyes. And truthfully I've stayed in a bit more this vacation because I'm actually making it a vacation and not worrying about trying to fit in fifty visits with other over-stressed friends. I saw everyone at thanksgiving and I'll see them in the spring. But this time of the year I stick to a couple close friends and my family.
And as for the sweets - I've just worked freaken hard to get this weight off and *starts eye-balling the butter tarts on the counter*.. um, and I am not going to just sit by and.. *leans over to nibble a chocolate out of the pile by the christmas tree*
You know, some eggnog would be just perfect with all this...
*Jenn is found christmas morning under the tree with empty chocolate boxes cradled in her arms and a big smile on her face. *
Yeah, I think I can fit another workout in before bed...
Why does it suddenly become a sin to offer up any meal without a sugar coma worth of sweets along side? My mom keeps asking why I'm not going out more and it is because at least at home I can keep myself sane. I mean, I don't set up each meal with a full PLATTER of treats - unlike everywhere else I've gone in the last week. *sigh* Not that I'm really complaining all that much. Okay, it looks like I am - but it is with a bit of a grin and rolling of the eyes. And truthfully I've stayed in a bit more this vacation because I'm actually making it a vacation and not worrying about trying to fit in fifty visits with other over-stressed friends. I saw everyone at thanksgiving and I'll see them in the spring. But this time of the year I stick to a couple close friends and my family.
And as for the sweets - I've just worked freaken hard to get this weight off and *starts eye-balling the butter tarts on the counter*.. um, and I am not going to just sit by and.. *leans over to nibble a chocolate out of the pile by the christmas tree*
You know, some eggnog would be just perfect with all this...
*Jenn is found christmas morning under the tree with empty chocolate boxes cradled in her arms and a big smile on her face. *
Yeah, I think I can fit another workout in before bed...


6 Comments:
I know what you mean. I will be so glad to get out of the office. Clients keep bringing the greatest stuff, and I've been nibbling all week. Yesterday, we got a champagne cake. How am I supposed to resist champagne cake!?! And I have not excercised once in the past week. There's warm coffee cake by the coffee right now...I could resist if it wasn't warm...I could...
I fall victim to that, too. I won a box of chocolates in the staff Secret Santa. It's not fair! Not fair, I tell you!
Still, I did share them out very well. Dave and Matt (my housemates) got some and Helen and I finished them off a few hours ago. Yay!
Have some treats, and just fit an extra work out in. Christmas is meant to be filled with food and drink, so indulge a little, but workout too.
Callie xx
I'm not gonna tell you how many cookies I ate yesterday, oh and of course the amazing lemon tarts my roommate made. They're going to have to roll me back to school in January. At least you're working out. That's more than I can say.
yeah, okay so my office is in a house where some of our clients live, and like everyone has sent them chocolates and they keep offering them to us, and i mean everyone. like even the social worker sent chocolates. and board members keep bringing by boxes of chocolates. and we have this great new overnight staff person who keeps baking things so that they are all ready in the morning.
ack.
Quite useful information, thanks for your post.
site | here | here
Post a Comment
<< Home